Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

According to the Giulia's user manual (Safety --> Active Safety Systems --> Drive Train Control)

"The driving mode, RWD or AWD, is shown on the instrument panel display."

Now maybe I've not looked hard enough, but on my AWD Giulia, I've not noticed such an option in the instrument panel.

Any thoughts on where you'd go about looking for this?

-krish

·
Registered
573 Posts
Hi all,

According to the Giulia's user manual (Safety --> Active Safety Systems --> Drive Train Control)

"The driving mode, RWD or AWD, is shown on the instrument panel display."

Now maybe I've not looked hard enough, but on my AWD Giulia, I've not noticed such an option in the instrument panel.

Any thoughts on where you'd go about looking for this?

-krish
Likely that it was not written into the software for what ever reason. (time, money, both)

Not everything that is in the manual for dash lights or other things are active.

·
Registered
646 Posts
FCA must have some seriously dysfunctional internal cooperation. My 2014 Maserati Ghibli Q4 had a menu that would show you how much torque (as a %) was going to front wheels vs rear. It seems like it would’ve been super simple to port that functionality to the Alfa Q4. Arguably the Alfa is even more of a driver’s car than the Maserati.

I mean how hard is it for Alfa to ring up Maserati, “Ciao Luigi, can you email that bit of code for the drivetrain so I can include it in the instrument cluster on this nifty Alfa we are building? Grazie!”

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
FCA must have some seriously dysfunctional internal cooperation. My 2014 Maserati Ghibli Q4 had a menu that would show you how much torque (as a %) was going to front wheels vs rear. It seems like it would’ve been super simple to port that functionality to the Alfa Q4. Arguably the Alfa is even more of a driver’s car than the Maserati.

I mean how hard is it for Alfa to ring up Maserati, “Ciao Luigi, can you email that bit of code for the drivetrain so I can include it in the instrument cluster on this nifty Alfa we are building? Grazie!”
Your post is epic!

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
it would seem to be that you don't need a display to tell you this, if it is significant you will feel it through the wheel.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,463 Posts
While knowing the split would be interesting, watching it while driving would probably be as distracting as watching the g-force indicator.

I suspect Alfa considers such a display contradictory to the AWD system's automatic and seamless function.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the "you'll feel it" / "its distracting, so probably not there" / "you don't watch it any more than your speedometer/tach" answers. :wink2:

In any case, thanks! I was curious if I was missing something or if there was some Infotainment setting I had to turn on.

Apparently not ...

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,463 Posts
FCA must have some seriously dysfunctional internal cooperation.
I once heard the term "coopetition". Maybe in play at FCA?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts