Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I have a 2018 Giulia Ti sport and am wondering if the engine is running too rich. I probably should have figured this out before adding my intake and exhaust but what I'm seeing is that the tips of my Centerline Corsa exhaust are so nasty and covered with what I'm guessing is carbon? This was something that I also noticed on the original fake tips that are bolted to the plastic diffuser. My car only has about 2600 miles on it so far.

Someone was also standing behind the car listening to the exhaust and they mentioned that they thought it smelled pretty strong for a new car.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have a similar build up on my tips. Comes of with the weekly wash. I had a similar amount of build up with my S4 and Jag. I think it is normal.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
That seems to be normal. Our cars have direct fuel injection into the combustion chamber (similar to a diesel). Most of the soot is from the cold start enriching circuit. It only takes the engine a few minutes to warm internally and then the enriching circuit returns to normal. If you can see soot or smoke bellowing out, then the dealer needs to have a look.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts