Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,725 Posts
If you get 245/35r19 you won't need any wheel protection...
Why not put that to the test?
With my Nokian R3 245 40R19 on those wheels I still manage to get the occasional scrape.
My truck tire size is 245 70R19.5. These come with side wall fins (similar to the Pirelli P7 Centurato A/S run flat that originally came on my Alfa. The purpose of the fin according to the manufacturer is to protect the tire sidewall from damage when scrubbed against a curb; it is ineffective at protecting the rim because it does not take a lot of force to push it in flush with the rim.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Why not put that to the test?
With my Nokian R3 245 40R19 on those wheels I still manage to get the occasional scrape.
My truck tire size is 245 70R19.5. These come with side wall fins (similar to the Pirelli P7 Centurato A/S run flat that originally came on my Alfa. The purpose of the fin according to the manufacturer is to protect the tire sidewall from damage when scrubbed against a curb; it is ineffective at protecting the rim because it does not take a lot of force to push it in flush with the rim.
Scrapped a curb a couple of times already and it's the rubber scrapping: no new wheel or rim protector damage so far! Hard to avoid rubbing a curb in our parking ramps with "carved out" lanes to get in and out by the booths. Hate them...

·
Registered
85 Posts
woah - so those are on 19x8 ... if so, how do you find handling/steering as a result? (they def look great)
more or less what I've read on here in terms of max width for the stock 19x8's is 235.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
woah - so those are on 19x8 ... if so, how do you find handling/steering as a result? (they def look great)
more or less what I've read on here in terms of max width for the stock 19x8's is 235.
Honestly they handle really well. Not as well as my RE71 track tires, but for daily spirited driving they are great. I think the choice of tire is critical though.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,291 Posts
No, technically speaking a 245 is the widest you should go on an 8" wide wheel. I run 245/35 in the summer and 245/40 in the winter. The winter setup rubs on the wheel liner a bit, but that is probably more due to the 8mm LCA shims I have that increase camber (but also decrease caster).

Reactions: need4speed

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Those look good. I think that’s what I’m going to go with. I was thinking of going down to an 18” wheel but now I think I’ll just keep stock With the 245/35R19.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts