Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
61 - 80 of 99 Posts
oh yes, the engine was still running - air bags all went off - bit shaken, but the 159 really held up

shunted from the side into a guard rail by B Double at 100kph -
i was shunted and wedged so that is nothing compared to a high velocity loss of control in the open - i would not want to experience that (without runflats)

Ok done !!
Bridgestone Potenza S001 non AR spec -
$320 fronts 92Y load rating
$465 rears 96Y load rating
minus 20 for a price match plus 79 for an alignment that i badly needed

$1629 all up - and im back on the road spotting Giulias like they were letterboxes - saw a nice red Veloce parked at TAFE

to be honest, first impressions are good - there is a corner with a hump in it (where they laid a cable for new development a while ago) and didnt quite flatten it - its a 80 kph sweeping left hand corner, old tyres would bounce the car a little to the right as it hit the bumps, a little while ago the new tyres, (possibly because they are new and nothing to do with harder compound and stiffer sidewall probably), but anyway, car appeared much more stable and held the line around and over the bump

@Papa Gallo ; My old mechanic has ordered some Michelin pilot sport non run flat for me and I’m gonna get one of those pump kits. I’m looking forward to a less severe ride. They tout better grip and wet performance too. My fronts are pretty bald.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good stuff, bjb, let us know how you go - thanks again for offering your old ones, i played it safe and garaged it for the day or so

so far so good on my new set -

@Papa Gallo ;just got the Michelin’s on and it is a really noticeable difference in terms of ride and noise. My old mechanic got them at trade price so were fairly reasonable. The grip is really sticking in corners wet or dry- can seem to lose the backend at all. Yet. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #74 · (Edited)
Is there a shortage of Michelin pilot sport 4s, the local dealer is telling me he can get rears but not fronts (still looking) for my veloce.
Can you use any other profile for fronts rather than OEM sizing?
What other options do we have for a premium tyre?

Hi All,

Recently got punture on my rear left and front right was always deflating slowly. So I took the punt last week to replace my OEM PZeros RFT with PS4S (non RF). Can also report that quite a ighnificant improvement on ride quality and noise suppression. I'd expect the tyre performance (grip level) should be better than the PZeros too, but havent really drive my car much these days.

Now just need to buy a tyre repair kit.

Would recommend fellow Giulia owners to consider the switch.

Discussion starter · #76 ·
Hi All,

Recently got punture on my rear left and front right was always deflating slowly. So I took the punt last week to replace my OEM PZeros RFT with PS4S (non RF). Can also report that quite a ighnificant improvement on ride quality and noise suppression. I'd expect the tyre performance (grip level) should be better than the PZeros too, but havent really drive my car much these days.

Now just need to buy a tyre repair kit.

Would recommend fellow Giulia owners to consider the switch.
i got told that fronts ps4s werent available for 225/40/19
Are they back in stock?

25K km and my front left OEM Bridgestone is down to the wear indicator, and the right side isn't too far behind. Rears still look pretty decent, maybe 5K left in them. Was seriously considering moving away from runflats to a PS4/4S or V105. However my tyre guy is recommending the PZ4 RFT's (which, being based next to Zagame, they have fitted to quite a few Giulias, and he can supply now). I was almost ready to hit the go button on the Pirellis, then I saw in another thread here how they sit on the rim. They look a bit skinny and don't seem to offer any rim protection..

Discussion starter · #80 ·
25K km and my front left OEM Bridgestone is down to the wear indicator, and the right side isn't too far behind. Rears still look pretty decent, maybe 5K left in them. Was seriously considering moving away from runflats to a PS4/4S or V105. However my tyre guy is recommending the PZ4 RFT's (which, being based next to Zagame, they have fitted to quite a few Giulias, and he can supply now). I was almost ready to hit the go button on the Pirellis, then I saw in another thread here how they sit on the rim. They look a bit skinny and don't seem to offer any rim protection..
I thought Pirelli wear out very easy….

61 - 80 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.