Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
41 - 60 of 99 Posts
I've been going to the same Bob Jane for a few years. I think in the website they are POA.
Ha ha, I just realised they put Giulietta on there. Hope that doesn't interfere with the fleet claim

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
ah, you got the new PZ4, Nic

they have a completely different pattern to P Zero

how are they
did you have P Zero before ?
if so, how do they compare to P Zero ?

i desperately need a new set like yesterday, just discovered uneven wear on one tyre that hit a pothole ages ago - and guess what - no Bridgestone S001 OEM until end of November, which the other three could have stretched to until i saw the wear on just that one side -

so need to look at Pirelli as they are available - todays quote was $1550 alignment included for P Zero - prior to that i got quoted $1470 for all 4 + alignment extra $50 but he reckons they have disappeared off the order list - i like the PZ4 pattern but i reckon they wont be that cheap

I like the look of them on the wheel. I was really noticing the Ackerman geometry bump out whatever it is called reversing out of the drive. Since they've been on, no problem. They're quiet, sticky. I have no complaints about them at all. I had the Bridgestone ones on originally to compare them to

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

i just noticed tread wear code on yours is 280 and treadwear on the US ones is 320
P Zero are 280
are you sure you have PZ4 ?

is there PZ4 markings on the sidewall ? i couldnt see any

more detailed info

Tyre Ratings: A comprehensive guide for 2020

What are UTQG Ratings? | Cooper Tires Australia - Cooper Tires Australia | Tyres Worth Owning

also that MOE marking on your tyres means its a Mercedes "spec" tyre (that means next to nothing other than a clever way to get Merc / Audi / BMW and now Alfa Romeo owners to keep buying Pirelli or Bridgestone )
they possibly may be tweaked to say Merc want less noise, BMW want better fuel economy and Alfa want better grip - but they are all essentially the same tyre

i replaced mine at 23k and 43k - mostly city, lots of stop/start traffic lights and roundabouts - fuel consumption is 10.5 ish / 100 klms, just to give you an idea of what conditions, so i spose thats not bad
the S001 have a better sidewall if you ever do need to hobble home with a puncture, so i just stick with them for that
im yet to try the Pirelli runflats ... am tempted to take the risk with something else, non runflats, next time, although im not unhappy with them, they have a nice tread pattern and i get very even wear across the width of the tyre

im not sure what the go is with replacing runflats with standard - have heard varying stories
Mine came with run flat Pirellis as standard. I've only done about 21k kms in 3 1/2 years and they still look new. I would expect at least 50 to 60k kms before replacing. Good grip in all conditions and ride is smooth enough. Am also a fan of Michelins and Bridgestones and had them on other cars. Good wear and grip although I found the Michelin a little harder which could cause a little understeer on my fwd Saab. Did get longer life though.

Do you get a spare in Aussie? We don't here and so I would never contemplate non run flats. I don't think you'd be able/want to hobble anywhere if you have a catastrophic blowout. I still keep a can of goo in the car just in case the run flat fails, and I have hit a big pothole at speed which I couldn't avoid and although the sidewall looked a mess, the integrity remained and allowed me to continue driving to a tyre shop. Frankly, the Pirelli run flat probably saved my life.

No spare in any of our cars
some have goo - the ones with Corsa tyres
and the rest are all runflats
I am quite getting used to the idea that if i get a zero pressure puncture (which i have at low speed) you can keep driving to the tyre garage and get it repaired
many runflats are not repairable - Bridgestone and Pirelli on Giulia are

No spare in any of our cars
some have goo - the ones with Corsa tyres
and the rest are all runflats
I am quite getting used to the idea that if i get a zero pressure puncture (which i have at low speed) you can keep driving to the tyre garage and get it repaired
many runflats are not repairable - Bridgestone and Pirelli on Giulia are
Noted and agreed. Low speed zero damage and even zero pressure should allow you to drive at low speed for some distance.

My blowout was at about 120kms/h and caused a bulge and a disintegration of part of the rubber on the sidewall. Hobbled at about 50 kms/h for about 60 kms to nearest town where fortunately they had a replacement. It definitely wasn't repairable:oops:

I have no doubt I would have ended up in the scenery if I hadn't had run flats. First car I've ever had with them, and now swear by them.(y)

Thanks bjb, car has been off the road today - too unsafe to drive, plus if a copper saw it, not worth it , so i garaged it and hit the phones today
i decided i will get the set of S001 that my garage has in stock (non Alfa OEM, just standard Potenza S001 runflats) rather than P Zero ... getting them fitted tomorrow

if he didnt have those onsite i would have taken you up on that offer mate, much appreciated, thank you

non OEM should be fine

Noted and agreed. Low speed zero damage and even zero pressure should allow you to drive at low speed for some distance.

My blowout was at about 120kms/h and caused a bulge and a disintegration of part of the rubber on the sidewall. Hobbled at about 50 kms/h for about 60 kms to nearest town where fortunately they had a replacement. It definitely wasn't repairable:oops:

I have no doubt I would have ended up in the scenery if I hadn't had run flats. First car I've ever had with them, and now swear by them.(y)
Oh another thing. Not a mark on the rims...

that sounds like quite a scare, mate
also sounds like you were lucky on many counts
they do hold up in many scenarios though

that sounds like quite a scare, mate
also sounds like you were lucky on many counts
they do hold up in many scenarios though
It was; I was; and they did fortunately.

I actually would struggle to find a more dangerous scenario to test a tyre's integrity. High speed, a pothole that was probably 3 inches deep with sharp edges.

Felt a bit like a crash test dummy afterwards... ;)

41 - 60 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.