Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

Run flats OEM tyres Bridgestone

31K views 98 replies 17 participants last post by  mentalblank 
#1 ·
How many Kms are expected to get out from the factory tyres here in Aus? Should we stick with same as replacement or normal tyres. I am talking normal driving here, no tracks etc

#2 · (Edited)
i replaced mine at 23k and 43k - mostly city, lots of stop/start traffic lights and roundabouts - fuel consumption is 10.5 ish / 100 klms, just to give you an idea of what conditions, so i spose thats not bad
the S001 have a better sidewall if you ever do need to hobble home with a puncture, so i just stick with them for that
im yet to try the Pirelli runflats ... am tempted to take the risk with something else, non runflats, next time, although im not unhappy with them, they have a nice tread pattern and i get very even wear across the width of the tyre

im not sure what the go is with replacing runflats with standard - have heard varying stories

#5 ·
My TI Sport Q2 has traveled a bit more than 14,000 miles (22,531km) on OEM staggered Potenza S001 Runflats.

The front tires will need to be replaced at 15,000 miles. The rear tires could go another 3-4,000 miles, but all four will be replaced together.

Combination of urban/suburban driving with lots of high speed travel on divided highways, in winding California canyons, and on the Pacific Coast Highway.

#6 ·
My car has just clocked over 30,000k's and the rears are just about done.
Fronts might get another 5000 ks.

I have hated the S001's they are noisy and rubbish in the wet for the entire time i have had the car.

Cant wait to replace them with something not runflat.

#7 ·
My car has just clocked over 30,000k's and the rears are just about done.
Fronts might get another 5000 ks.

I have hated the S001's they are noisy and rubbish in the wet for the entire time i have had the car.

Cant wait to replace them with something not runflat.
I thought was jut me thinking they are noisy, its worse in the country where the asphalt is quite rough. let me know what you're getting and if they are better I might change from S001 myself...

#11 ·
I'm considering the same and saw these kits, I use slime on my pushbikes.

#16 ·
Highly suggest a tire plug kit too. If at all possible, don’t use the Slime, just plug the hole and inflate. Some Slime kits don’t allow inflation without using Slime, avoid those. Use of a sealant in the tire is a mess to clean up and can damage the tire more than a short drive on zero pressure.

Reactions: Ponch Ponchorello
#17 ·
I‘be been pretty happy with the ride quality on the runflats, to be honest. My car has the SDD suspension, being an Aussie spec Veloce. Tyres still have plenty of life at 13K. Haven’t done enough spirited driving or coarse chip to have an opinion on dynamics or noise.

#27 ·
Hi all, just as an FYI I stuck with OEM but had them fitted at my local dealer. What I have noticed that the steering doesn't jump as much when in full lock, maybe there was an update on the alignment or something like that. When I was looking for a 159 wagon saw a V6 version the seller mentioned that the wheel alignment was an issue wearing out the inside of the tyres. Has anyone experienced this?

#28 ·
on a 159? yes definitely inner tread wear due to camber settings from factory ...Alfa do this a lot, however not as much with Giulia as Giulia has a more sophisticated suspension set up now

i ended up with an adjustment that "fixed" it and didnt experience much difference in handling ... not that it was broken, its just the way they camber for added cornering grip, but i opted for a straighter wheel if that makes sense

i was actually going through a few old files and found the alignment print out ... i sent it to a guy in SA ages ago, he used it and reported the same results, ... longer tyre life and less inner wear
if you (or anyone ) needs it i can post it up

#30 ·
I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've done about 18500 km and front and rear look like they need replacing. In this damp weather, 3 point turns and the like and it's skipping all over the place too. I'm in the market

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

#31 ·
So at 48,000k's I replaced my S001's even the tyre shop was impressed with the distance I ended up with.

The fronts were really scrubbed on the outside, Rears I was actually surprised didn't look as bad as I thought they would lots of little cracks in the sidewall told me it was definitely time.

I decided to be super tight and give the shop a budget of $1000+ Fitting and Balancing mainly because I really want to save money and try to upgrade the car next year/

Got a full set of Kumho Ecsta PS71s and so far I couldn't be happier, Night and day when it comes to noise.
I don't have a Dull Roar anymore.

Just Wind noise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.