Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are others experiencing with the stock Pirelli P7 run flats on Giulia? I have the 225/50-17, I must say they were extremely poor grip in one occasion of panic stop, as well as do not inspire confidence in high speed turning grip. I am used to much stickier high perf summer tires with more predictable slide character, they seem more on/off, so maybe just need to reset my expectations a bit (more concerned about stopping distance in emergency though).

·
Registered
343 Posts
What are others experiencing with the stock Pirelli P7 run flats on Giulia? I have the 225/50-17, I must say they were extremely poor grip in one occasion of panic stop, as well as do not inspire confidence in high speed turning grip. I am used to much stickier high perf summer tires with more predictable slide character, they seem more on/off, so maybe just need to reset my expectations a bit (more concerned about stopping distance in emergency though).
I have the Pirelli P7 run flats, 225/40R19 on my Giulia Ti. I had an emergency stop today when a car pulled out in front of me. Stopped quickly in a straight line for me, but they did sound like they skid briefly. But, I'm not 100% sure since I hit the brakes in such a panic.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I have the 19" sport package on my Ti. I think the car out handles the tires. Needs a good set of high performance summer tires.
Tires is probably the first thing I'm looking into if I get the runflats, and not looking into all-seasons. All seasons do nothing well and everything poorly. I buy snow tires in the winter anyway, so I might as well have good summer tires.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Tires is probably the first thing I'm looking into if I get the runflats, and not looking into all-seasons. All seasons do nothing well and everything poorly. I buy snow tires in the winter anyway, so I might as well have good summer tires.
Totally agree with this. On my last car I had a great set of high performance summer tires, and a set of winter tires. worked well.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Anyone considering running a staggered setup on the Q4?

Pretty sure some Maserati Q4 come from the factory with a staggered setup.

Tirerack is also showing Q4 with a staggered setup of 255/35-19 -- 225/40-19 (I know thats the stock setup of the RWD as well)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Has anyone with the 19" sport package replaced the tires yet with high performance summer tires... 225/40/19's.. curious if anyone has put tires on that really feel like they make a difference. Thinking about it, but not sure what to buy.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I don't know whether it will make a difference yet because my RWD Ti is still being manufactured. But I'm hoping that summer tires will be better because I picked them as an option on the staggered 19" wheels. I don't know what make and model of tire it will actually come with. I have found some 18" rims for a set of winter tires that I will order later in the year.

I also deliberately ordered a RWD with mechanical LSD after test driving an AWD because I didn't like the feeling of the Giulia transferring power to the front wheels at the grip limit. I know the AWD gives you more ultimate grip but I feel that if you ever use all of it your margin has dropped pretty close to zero.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts