Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I seem to have a rubbing noise every time when I turn my wheels hard left of right to park or get into a place that requires hard turning. Noise seems to come from the front. Sound as if something is rubbing. I do not think anything is rubbing and I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this noise.

Sound gritty- like grrrrrr.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Guys, I seem to have a rubbing noise every time when I turn my wheels hard left of right to park or get into a place that requires hard turning. Noise seems to come from the front. Sound as if something is rubbing. I do not think anything is rubbing and I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this noise.

Yeah it's normal, it's due to the steering geometry that optimizes small turns vs big turns.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ackermann_steering_geometry

You'll find it in the manual and in older posts.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts

We have it in our 2017 Ti Q2. Had it with the stock 18 inch wheels and also the 19x9's I put on. My 4C does this as do some other high performance cars. It's compromise thing. The car (steering and suspension) is tuned for high speed cornering and tends to scrub at full steering lock. This can be tuned out, but then you loose the superior handling qualities at higher speeds. The good news is this only happens at parking lot speed and near full lock. It's the tires scrubbing and hopping across the tarmac.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys. Make sense, so the car is being pushed slightly if what I am gathering.
I feel much better about this.

Reactions: Xurxces
1 - 4 of 4 Posts