Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know how many of you received this RRT from your dealer what month. If you look at the misfiring thread I was waiting months for an RRT that would fix that issue regarding misfiring. I thought Alfa was transparent during this whole process and I?m feeling that they are not. Back in July was told August etc. I don?t think this RRT is going to solve the problems I have Alfa Romeo better make it right or I?m ready for the attorney general of NY to handle this nonsense

·
Registered
647 Posts
My Base Giulia Q4, build 2-17 had 5 RRT's as recommended by AlfaRomeoCares on 9-11-2017, done recently at dealer, Oct 24th. I thought RRT-043 was to take care of the engine shutdown after re-fueling which I had experienced one time, but no misfiring unless I misunderstand that term.

The other 4 RRT's done by the dealer were 17-057 (trans/shift/drivability), 17-058 (HVAC flash), 17-080 (engine odor, never experienced), and 17-081 (glove box handle, no problem). The only other issues I had experienced were rough idle and engine hesitation when first start up and initial slow acceleration. (engine shut down one time), plus jerky brakes when stopping at slow speeds. One other issue of jerky trans/drive train at times was not duplicated by the dealer. Also dealer said Afla would not authorize infotainment software update to 002.009.043, I had radio favorites lost and goofy GPS (I'll have to appeal to ARC for help on this).

Long story short and except for some light trans jerkyness twice, the Giulia now runs great. Start ups, idle and cold acceleration plus slow speed breaking are now are very smooth! Zero misfiring or other engine roughness. The trans/drive train jerking is much better now and I'll take it in again if it reoccurs.

To me for a first year model these minor issues are completely acceptable and I'm very pleased!

PS: Just saw the misfiring thread. I don't think my previous occasional, quite rare, quick jerks, maybe 2-3 times per second for two seconds at most is misfiring. Maybe the new RRT is not RRT-043?

Reactions: mc3456

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,748 Posts
They told me that is the update I need. It may or may not work
That is the most wishy-washy response I can imagine. How can anyone find confidence there?

If Eric Schneiderman can't or won't get you satisfaction (I miss Louie), maybe that LI judge who blasted the mortgage companies a few years back can. Are you in his district?

·
Registered
647 Posts
Here is what the dealer repair ticket said.

RRT 17-043 RRT
10155 WF (N/C)
perform rrt --- 043 flash ECM AWD ATX 280HP
Flashing from current part number MM!0JAHW232-00-G493WA82 -0000 to
targeted part number MM10JAHW232-00-G500WA90 -0000

(All Greek to me --- sorry Dino)

·
Registered
420 Posts
I did not notice a problem before the five RRTs were done and no change after them. The reason I took the car in was for the Infotainment update, which they would not do. We are currently arguing about this update.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
It doesn't make any sense to me why a dealer would refuse to do a software update. Alfa requires them to check and update to current versions. This is something they get paid to do by Alfa don't they? Why refuse??

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes it?s wishy washy to say the least. I would think lemon law would apply here but the love of the car is pretty much stopping me from doing that. I want alfa to be successful! Are you talking Chuck Schumer?

·
Registered
5,122 Posts
It doesn't make any sense to me why a dealer would refuse to do a software update. Alfa requires them to check and update to current versions. This is something they get paid to do by Alfa don't they? Why refuse??
There is a thread about this very topic... had to with the software update for the infotainment...Alfa Corporate in its wisdom did not allow a dealer to update a car with the old software to the new software unless it showed issues with the infotainment....silly right!...so basically you had to say or in some cases show that your NAVI cut out...or you lost your pre-sets for the radio...things of that nature...
However this is a drivability case and I don't know why the dealer of the OP is not doing it:confused: RRTs & TSBs are supposed to be done as released by Alfa Corporate....
Maybe change dealer???....

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,748 Posts
Yes it's wishy washy to say the least. I would think lemon law would apply here but the love of the car is pretty much stopping me from doing that. I want alfa to be successful! Are you talking Chuck Schumer?
Schumer is a US Senator. The guy I'm thinking of is a Suffolk County judge. He ruled that a mortgage company treated a homeowner so badly that the homeowner didn't have to pay any more.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I did not follow the service adviser either on this. It is software. There is no cost except the technician's time. It cannot take that long to transfer it. All Alfa managed to do in this case was irritate me as I will have to take the car back in once I talk them into it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The dealer has been waiting for alfa to release an update on the car for MONTHS. While some got this update almost three months ago. Alfa finally decides to release this RRT for download on my vehicle. It?s ridiculous to say the least, it?s not like I had small issues, the engine misfires, the car stalled twice on the first day and also after two months owning it. For all we know it doesn?t solve the problems. It?s perplexing and initially I was patient but now I?m just mad with a capital M. Alfa comes out with a glovebox RRT to replace the thing that RRT is nowhere near anything necessary than an important engine management RRT. Why other cars but not this one? Is it trial or error they are releasing these? Cars probably have been running the way they should have but knowing this car they are probably working on another RRT after this one. So this bullshit talk about the NHTSA approving a download is all made up because if it was available back in JULY. I want alfa cares here some answers because pretty soon this is going to get ugly.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Sounds like dealership issues to me to be honest. These were out for all cars (drivability updates etc). It was the 43 media system update that was released to only certain cars at a time. Sounds like some things are just mixed up over there. When you look at latest software on you radio what does it show? If it?s 20 your running on old stuff but it has nothing to do with the actual drivability updates

·
Registered
420 Posts
The dealer has been waiting for alfa to release an update on the car for MONTHS. While some got this update almost three months ago. Alfa finally decides to release this RRT for download on my vehicle. It?s ridiculous to say the least, it?s not like I had small issues, the engine misfires, the car stalled twice on the first day and also after two months owning it. For all we know it doesn?t solve the problems. It?s perplexing and initially I was patient but now I?m just mad with a capital M. Alfa comes out with a glovebox RRT to replace the thing that RRT is nowhere near anything necessary than an important engine management RRT. Why other cars but not this one? Is it trial or error they are releasing these? Cars probably have been running the way they should have but knowing this car they are probably working on another RRT after this one. So this bullshit talk about the NHTSA approving a download is all made up because if it was available back in JULY. I want alfa cares here some answers because pretty soon this is going to get ugly.
I don't think the problems some cars have is due to software. Too many cars have run just fine since delivery, whereas some have not. This sounds to me like an assembly or parts problem.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I don't think the problems some cars have is due to software. Too many cars have run just fine since delivery, whereas some have not. This sounds to me like an assembly or parts problem.
Yup sounds like production issues and bad batch of parts to me too.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.