Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RPM jumps to ~3000-3500 when leaving the gas pedal (stopping accelerating) at a speed of 50-70 km/hr
It seems like the the gear system confuses with the right gear...

Is that normal ?
The car is Giulia Sport 2020 (2.0L).

Thank you !

· Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
9,422 Posts
In D while braking the car often downshifts. This yields some engine braking as well as preparing the engine to accelerate just in case you were braking for a turn.

· Registered
13 Posts
RPM jumps to ~3000-3500 when leaving the gas pedal (stopping accelerating) at a speed of 50-70 km/hr
It seems like the the gear system confuses with the right gear...

Is that normal ?
The car is Giulia Sport 2020 (2.0L).

Thank you !
Usually the transmission stays in gear after an abrupt acceleration for you to have it ready for the next stomp on the gas. In Dynamic mode is more noticeable (holds at higher rpm) but happens in Natural as well when the gearbox registers you are driving fast. It would frustrating if it changed to the highest ratio as soon as you lift off after a good accel. For it to upshift you need to apply a little gas to send the "I'm coasting" signal to the gearbox.

· Registered
2017 Q4 TI Sport, Montecarlo Blue, B/T Interior, DP Sunroof, HK Audio
42 Posts
Usually the transmission stays in gear after an abrupt acceleration for you to have it ready for the next stomp on the gas. In Dynamic mode is more noticeable (holds at higher rpm) but happens in Natural as well when the gearbox registers you are driving fast. It would frustrating if it changed to the highest ratio as soon as you lift off after a good accel. For it to upshift you need to apply a little gas to send the "I'm coasting" signal to the gearbox.
I have been noticing this a bit lately, but it doesn’t seem to drop with a nudge to the gas pedal. I resorted to the paddle shifter today to get it to come down from 4000 or so while coasting. In dynamic. It feels different than the way it has handled this sequence previously. Unsure how to diagnose.

· Registered
2020 TI Sport Rosso Competizione
91 Posts
My 2020 does the same thing. The car seems to be learning your driving style. use the paddles to upshirft for several days and see if it stops.
Two years back we went to the convention in Colorado. After coming down off of Pikes Peak the car was really confused. It refused to upshift until the engine was well over 4k rpm. We were in N mode both up and down the mountain and in manual shift mode.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts