Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer performed oil change (second one) and tried to reset the warning/calender in the infotainment screen. Many attempts over four hours. System will not take the reset. Knowing that the oil is fresh and so is the filter, using the car while they try to get the answers. At this point the purpose of the post is for info only. There were no problems wit the reset on the first oil change.

Ti Q4
9600 miles

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
INteresting, I just had second oil change and they again did not reset maintenance counter, I specifically asked for it but did not check before I drove away:(

Just curious did you have infotainment updated? For my car they said first time they cant do it and same this time, Alfa will not allow it, I am just womdering if there ks connection between versions of infotainment and maintemamce reset inability

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Car was back to dealer this morning for another attempt to reset the data. They wanted the system to have a chance to level out with some miles on it after the oil change. No change, tried twice to get it to reset. No luck. Scheduled back next week so they can keep it to run diagnostics and get Alfa Star involved. Infotainment has not been updated, mine isn't on the list as I didn't get the big high dollar radio.. Has the 8.8 inch screen, but not the upgrade sound system. Told the folks to run the upgrade anyway when they have it next week. First guess by the tech is a RF sensor hub. We'll see.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Success!!!! It seems a earlier system flash on some module changes the way the oil change monitor works....
The tech said "Go into the IPC Module, then Misc functions on WiTech. Select the maintenance reset, and follow those prompts." It worked! I listened to lots of phone conversations between the local tech and the folks in Michigan.

Things are now back to normal!

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,380 Posts
Success!!!! It seems a earlier system flash on some module changes the way the oil change monitor works....
The tech said "Go into the IPC Module, then Misc functions on WiTech. Select the maintenance reset, and follow those prompts." It worked! I listened to lots of phone conversations between the local tech and the folks in Michigan.

Things are now back to normal!
People in Michigan know their stuff. :grin2:

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
So you did this yourself with instructions from tech?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My bad, I didn't do it, didn't mean to mislead anyone. Tech did it, just gave me the info to post here for everyone's notice. sorry, Have a great day.

·
Registered
787 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oil change this morning (14690 mi) and the reset WORKED!!! that's twice, so maybe they found the bug. :}

Reactions: LadyFranseska

·
Registered
630 Posts
My dealer recently performed the 10k mile service. They reset the oil change needed warning but not the service needed in XX miles/ XX days display in the Infotainment/ Car/ Settings/ Maintenance. Probably because it costs them another 10 minutes labor to plug in their wiTECH tool to reset. Ughhh. Nobody takes any pride in what they do anymore.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Multiecuscan 3.9 diagnostic software now has a service reset function, free download but only lets you go thru the functions to see if you want to buy, a license is needed for it to work.

I purchased the below OBDLink interface and software.

http://electronic-fuchs.de/epages/e87b02f8-46da-4792-be6d-42392d89d882.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/e87b02f8-46da-4792-be6d-42392d89d882/Products/1000-8M-(0,3kg)
Can you please give us the instructions how you did it with MES tool.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts