Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! So I’ve had my 2018 Giulia for 2 weeks now and I’m looking to do a few cheap mods but not sure which to do first!

Options are wrapping the roof in gloss black ($200) , new floor mats with AF logo ($130) , puddle lights and white key cover ($190), or maybe even the CF mirror covers ($130). Which do you guys think?

Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
I would skip the roof wrap & floor mats (but that's me).

I did lights and key cover (I like them both)

I will probably do CF mirrors as well (would look good on white).

YMMV.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
It is all a personal preference.

All are good options.

If I had your car I would do the puddle lights first.

Thanks and very nice car!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! As far as the roof wrap I've seen a few white Giulias with the black roof and I'm still undecided lol sometimes I like it and sometimes I don't!

As far as the cf mirror covers I like them but I'm worried the covers won't look good for some reason

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice! Any pics from the front of the car? Were they full replacements or do you just tape them over the stock mirrors?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Nice! Any pics from the front of the car? Were they full replacements or do you just tape them over the stock mirrors?
Full replacements that Madness sells. No pics yet. Will have a few soon.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gotcha! I wonder how the stick on covers would look

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
i like the black roof but i have the dual pane sunroof.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea I'm imagining it would look similar to that

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,670 Posts
The downside with a black roof is that the car will get hotter in the summer sun. Of course on sunny winter days that might be seen as a plus. OTOH, I do think it is a really good look. Once upon a time my wife owned a 1970 Oldsmobile Cutlass with a black vinyl roof. It got really hot in the summer. The cars were notorious for rusting underneath the vinyl.

I bought the Mopar CF covers. They snap on like the OEM covers, unlike the glue on covers from other sources. Unlike the CF shifter cover, the snaps are molded plastic and glued to the part. It makes a difference if anything inside the mirror needs to be serviced. Unfortunately they are pricey, although still considerably less expensive than the BMW equivalent.

I would like to see a smaller fob case that does not have the key inside. Perhaps with an off switch.
I think the Alfa logo puddle lights are a cool novelty, but degrade the basic functionality of a puddle light (lighting puddles or other obstacles that one might step into when getting out of the car). Since I have a dirt driveway, I want a puddle lights that work.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I bought the Mopar CF covers. They snap on like the OEM covers, unlike the glue on covers from other sources. .
Can you post a pic as I'd like to see the fit on the mirror. Does it replace the original housing?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea eventually I want to get all of those small mods done but just trying to get a couple done before a road trip in a few weeks! As far as the cf mirror covers I was just looking into the stick on versions for around $130 but if those are no good then I may just hold off on that mod until I'm willing to pay for the others

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would skip the roof wrap & floor mats (but that's me).

I did lights and key cover (I like them both)

I will probably do CF mirrors as well (would look good on white).

YMMV.
what key cover...i got a comp red one...it looks awful! swapped it back for the original.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
what key cover...i got a comp red one...it looks awful! swapped it back for the original.
Why didn't you like it? I have an Alfa white but looking to get the one atxquad just posted

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Here are my unfiltered opinions

Roof wrap -- Too BMWesque of a modification
Puddle Lights -- Gimmicky, reminds me too much of Merc
Mirror Covers -- Go for it, but don't do the stick on ones, buy the full units that replace the current ones and do it right

Floor mats ... Personal preference, I like the regular ones and have ones for winter. Don't really care too much about changing them

Max

1 - 20 of 39 Posts