Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had a roof rack put on Giulia? I saw two screw holes at each side of the door upper frame assuming that is for roof rack? Due to the roof is lightweight I don't think any third party rack can get on it.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I am looking to buy one as well but I know my dealer will screw me, so I am just waiting until I can find something online. Everybody seems to use Thule so I would contact them as the Giulia isn't listed on their website

·
Registered
765 Posts
Here is the link. It is a Thule rack that the dealer here in Switzerland got for me. I don’t have the number for the ski attachment but that should be easy to find. Note the link is to the UK Thule site. Alfa Romeo doesn't seem to be listed on the US one. You can get the bars in black or silver/grey. Also attached is a pic of my car with the rack. Also the clip fits nicely over the door lip and there is a raised button that fits into the round indentation under the lip on the top of the car door frame.

https://www.thule.com/en-gb/gb/roof-rack?q=fYEMfPdYx

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks !

Here is the link. It is a Thule rack that the dealer here in Switzerland got for me. I don’t have the number for the ski attachment but that should be easy to find. Note the link is to the UK Thule site. Alfa Romeo doesn't seem to be listed on the US one. You can get the bars in black or silver/grey. Also attached is a pic of my car with the rack. Also the clip fits nicely over the door lip and there is a raised button that fits into the round indentation under the lip on the top of the car door frame.

https://www.thule.com/en-gb/gb/roof-rack?q=fYEMfPdYx
The fact that the clip has a raised thing fit into the indentation show it is the specific one fit this car. Good to know Thule has the bracket available and looking forward to it in US. Thank you for the info.

·
Registered
765 Posts

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
I'll be going with a SeaSucker for the bike, but they have ski mounts as well. SeaSuckers really allow for a wide variety of mounting positions, and of course, easy-peasy removal and installation.

www.seasucker.com

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anyone sourced a roof rack in the U.S.? And are any of them approved / safe for the Quadrifoglio's carbon fiber roof?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Has anyone sourced a roof rack in the U.S.? And are any of them approved / safe for the Quadrifoglio's carbon fiber roof?
Mopar parts online now has them. Link posted above.

Reactions: Max and ybba

·
Registered
765 Posts
I posted earlier about this. I have a Thule rack with the aero bars on my QV. Did a 6 hr run with it on as well as three pairs of skis and no issues and the wind noise wasn’t too bad either. The rack system is very secure. Left it on all winter since I was using it every weekend.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I posted earlier about this. I have a Thule rack with the aero bars on my QV.
Thanks! Now if only Thule US had the parts listed on their site... it’s on the UK site, but not the US one. I’ve sent an email to there customer support asking about it.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Mopar parts online now has them. Link posted above.
I’ve read a few reviews that they aren’t the best company to buy things from. Has anyone actually received a roof rack from them?
Rack is made by Thule and so far the only one available.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The bad reviews weren’t of mopar itself, but the mopar online parts website (which isn’t officially affiliated with mopar).

1 - 20 of 66 Posts