Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Who is looking for replacement used Giulia QV engine/trans parts right now? 99% (maybe higher) are all still under warranty ... maybe I'm oversimplifying this
That's true. The salesman did not have to spend much time to talk me into the extended warranty (someday the car will go, but I do not want to feel forced to sell when the factory warranty comes to an end). I suppose the right kind of expert could develop some serious modifications on a rather inexpensive engine. Experimentation at modest cost?

Reactions: Max

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
That's true. The salesman did not have to spend much time to talk me into the extended warranty (someday the car will go, but I do not want to feel forced to sell when the factory warranty comes to an end). I suppose the right kind of expert could develop some serious modifications on a rather inexpensive engine. Experimentation at modest cost?
Well said

·
Super Moderator
1,091 Posts
Gotta figure that most of the electronics in the car are dead. Even the roof was peeled up! Sitting out in the rain with no cover = no bueno. Leather all ruined due to moisture as well. Not a single straight thing on the car. The motor is about the only thing that *might be decent.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I want a QV at some point - but this one is not it. What did the guy do to wreck that lovely car?

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
I want a QV at some point - but this one is not it. What did the guy do to wreck that lovely car?
I think it was a father and son hot dogging on the way home from a purchase or early drive. To me it looks like a violent date rap attempt on the Lady Giulia. She kicked their butts. Respect the Lady.
:crying:

·
Super Moderator
1,091 Posts
In the larger ebay photo it is possible to see that the pass side up-pipe to the throttle body is broken clean off. Not a good sign.

·
Registered
698 Posts
What did the guy do to wreck that lovely car?
A salesman at the Cary NC dealer was telling me that some the new owner went out on a cold day and didn't let the tires warm up. Thankfully, the owner was not hurt. The salesman also told me that the owner immediately ordered another one :surprise:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.