Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious to see where those that have more miles on their QV are finding the road hazards hitting the vehicle. This will help those that are thinking about film where the most important points are on a limited or endless budget.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Seeing a few minor pits on the nose of the QV right around the Alfa badge, even with film. I've been really lucky though, thats all I've gotten after 13,000 miles.....

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had PPF put on the hood, front end and across the front of the roof. So far it appears to have been a good purchase.

I started running Waze for advance warnings about speed traps, but getting warnings of tire carcasses, ladders and other debris in the road has been even more valuable.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I have a small gouge on the xpel on my hood right near the driver’s side vent. The paint looks to be fine underneath though so the film died a hero. It’s only about an inch and half long so I’m going to just leave it but I think there’s no way I wouldn’t have a nice sized chip in the hood without the xpel...

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
A bit over 13,000 miles on our Ti Q2.

- My wife hit a pot-hole and ruined a tire at about 500 miles.
- Since then I've changed the wheels and we (both of us) have scraped at least two rims (one wheel each).
- There's a bad scrape on the lower front corner of the fascia that happened while I was driving the canyons. My wife was with me at the time. When we saw it later, neither of us ever noticed a 'hit' or 'scrape' while driving. A mystery.

Other than that, nothing noticeable. We've never added any type of paint protection, just wash-n-wax once in a while.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Rear passenger fender from backing into a parking spot in a parking garage and scraping fairly minor) the car against a pipe I didn’t see. Dealer fixed for free.

Curbing the wheels a couple of times when leaving parking garages. Some of the exits here in Europe are very narrow and twisty so hard to see the curb.

Not sure what to call it but some minor scratches on the flat part at the top of the rear bumper where it meets the trunk lid. Must be from putting in and taking things from the trunk.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I did suntek on front, entire hood, front fenders, lower rockers up onto area prone to shoe scuffs, a large section in front of and behind rear wheel well, A pillars, and a strip on top of rear bumper (kids back packs and lunch boxes!). As I write this I’m laughing wondering why I didn’t just wrap whole car and the dogs and my shoes. The hood wrap has already done its job. Remember to drop the splitter and have that wrapped (I think it’s two 10mm nuts to loosen). The area behind rear wheels already looks sand blasted from the sticky Pirellis. I have one unprotected chip behind front wheel well on passenger side that really surprised me. It’s about 7 inches above the rocker. So might recommend something there. Also, the guy that did the work liked Suntek for ease of wrapping curved areas. I wonder if it’s not as tough as xpel. Hope this helps. Sorry you guys lost your tow hook cap.

·
Registered
74 Posts
At 3000 miles, I had a rock jump up and chip the windshield. Apparently, these things are back ordered, with no date for availability given. Now that chip is a crack going from the top of the windshield, down to the middle, and now it is starting its way across from driver to passenger side.

Irritating, to say the least...

·
Registered
62 Posts
I lost a runflat to a deep pothole at about 8500 miles and a woman backed her Prius into the rear of the Giulia at 9200 miles.

Repair to her car will be $600. The Giulia suffered three minor scratches which, I hope, will be easily repaired with some deftly applied dabs of touch-up paint. Not surprisingly, the Alfa dealer has no Montecarlo blue in stock. It's been ordered so should be here near the end of the month.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I noticed the hood near center. I think if you do the front fenders a pillars a foot of the roof and behind the wheels you’ll be good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts