Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Quadrifoglio
57 Posts
Some bad news...my Giulia is no more. I was driving my brand new Quad on the highway when a lady merged into my lane, hitting the passenger rear of my car. It sent me across 3 lanes and into the concrete barrier. A few things to note:

This car is incredibly safe. I've never bought a car because of its safety features, but now I'm thanking Alfa engineers for how safe this car is. Every airbag went off. Every single one. I hit a concrete barrier at highway speed and moved it about a foot, and walked away with some bruises. Amazing. The curtain airbags were deployed, knee airbags etc. Could've been much, much worse.

This happened over a month ago, but I've finally gotten the payoff from the insurance company so I feel ok to post. I'm devastated about it, I had the car for exactly 17 days before this happened! Didn't get to drive it much either due to covid. The times I did drive it I absolutely loved it though! What an incredible machine. I had just received the Forza controller and a set of Tecnico wheels to mount winter tires on. Luckily I hadn't installed anything yet!

I've been really bummed about this whole thing, pondering whether to get another one. This was the perfect spec: Alfa Rosso with the Sparco seats and the carbon fiber package. I can't find any others on my online searches with these packages, so I might just wait until a 2020 is available with these specs. For now I have my trusty 4C which I still love and a daily, so I'm ok for cars. I just miss my Giulia!

If you're interested in seeing the end result, it's at an auction yard here:

I wouldn't recommend buying it :)

Tragic pics below.

View attachment 100433

View attachment 100434 View attachment 100435 View attachment 100436 View attachment 100437
Your car is coming up on auction on 08/10/2020, FYI. Just got a reminder from IAA.
Erdem.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear about your accident, and I feel your pain; this past Sunday, I got into a bad accident in my 2018 QV. This guy cut me off, I tried to swerve around him, but the backend came loose. I hit the back of his SUV with my driver side rear quarter panel, and that spun me in the opposite direction. I went over the curb, through a streetlight pole and came to rest on the lawn of a business park. Insurance just confirmed this morning that it is a total loss. +1 on safety, I hit the curb almost sideways and so I thought I was going to flip, but nope, kinda felt like I went over a speed bump.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I'm really sorry to hear about your accident, and I feel your pain; this past Sunday, I got into a bad accident in my 2018 QV. This guy cut me off, I tried to swerve around him, but the backend came loose. I hit the back of his SUV with my driver side rear quarter panel, and that spun me in the opposite direction. I went over the curb, through a streetlight pole and came to rest on the lawn of a business park. Insurance just confirmed this morning that it is a total loss. +1 on safety, I hit the curb almost sideways and so I thought I was going to flip, but nope, kinda felt like I went over a speed bump.
Oh man! I'm so sorry to hear that. Are you ok? Were you deemed at fault or is the other guy's insurance paying?

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Quadrifoglio
57 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Glad you are OK though!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Oh man! I'm so sorry to hear that. Are you ok? Were you deemed at fault or is the other guy's insurance paying?
I've got some soreness and bad bruising on the underside of my left arm and left side of my rib cage from where I slammed into the driver side door when I hit his SUV, but I'm otherwise fine physically. Thanks for asking!

I don't know about liability yet. The other guy is saying that I lost control of the vehicle and so it is my fault. One of the witnesses came up to me after speaking with the police and said, "he totally cut you off," but I don't know what the witness who was driving behind me said. The cops didn't issue me a citation for anything (e.g. speeding, exhibition of speed). Insurance is waiting for the police report to be released to make a determination.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've got some soreness and bad bruising on the underside of my left arm and left side of my rib cage from where I slammed into the driver side door when I hit his SUV, but I'm otherwise fine physically. Thanks for asking!

I don't know about liability yet. The other guy is saying that I lost control of the vehicle and so it is my fault. One of the witnesses came up to me after speaking with the police and said, "he totally cut you off," but I don't know what the witness who was driving behind me said. The cops didn't issue me a citation for anything (e.g. speeding, exhibition of speed). Insurance is waiting for the police report to be released to make a determination.
Sadly, since the other driver is claiming it's your fault, it may be best to consult an attorney - and delete all related posts on social media.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts