Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
glad to hear you are ok. Looks like a bad wreck. I would buy that for $4-5k with no hesitation lol. Turbos and Seats alone worth that.
True, the engine actually should be fine. Passenger's seat was good, driver's seat had the airbag deploy, not sure how much that's going to be for the lucky person that gets it.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Just wondering who the lady’s insurance company was that paid out so fast. My much less violent encounter was significantly extended by Allstate. Glad to hear you’re fine, the car can be replaced.

·
Registered
525 Posts
So sorry to hear and see. You are most certainly lucky, and that's a wonder! So what happened to the Prius??? musta been vaporized between you and the barrier.

Happy hunting for your new QV!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Sad to see happen...but great to hear you came out alive with just some bruises, looking at how wrecked the QV is, wow that's insane! What mode were you in, if you remember, when you got hit?

·
Registered
239 Posts
stuckbehindaprius, the fact that you are still alive speaks volumes about the safety of the Giulia. Sorry you had to experience this and I'm sure it is still replaying in your mind. The vehicle can and will be replaced. Try to move on and put it behind you. Best of luck.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sad to see a QV sacrificed its life and protected the owner to the fullest.....but I'm glad that you walked away OK from such a wreck. It's also comforting to know that our cars are so well built safety wise.
To OP: Thank you for taking one for the team! Now go out there and find/order another QV....you deserve nothing less.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Along with the above comments, so glad you are o.k.

And, I agree: Get your self another Quad. You deserve it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Good to see you walk away, shame the car's a wreck, but that's the least important thing in a crash. As others say, go out and grab another. You hardly got to enjoy this!
Also puts to rest the argument some make that the Sparcos don't have side airbags.

·
Registered
174 Posts
so glad you are O.K. It is good to know how safe the Giulia is.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Wow, amazing you’re okay!

great spec’d QV too. If I were you, I’d sneak into where the car is being held, remove the sparco seats and put them in your next QV! Lol

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Sad to see happen...but great to hear you came out alive with just some bruises, looking at how wrecked the QV is, wow that's insane! What mode were you in, if you remember, when you got hit?
I was in natural, ironically just puttering down a straight highway, not even fun driving!! It's funny, I had been in dynamic and a bit of race the weekend before to have some fun, and had it in N to see how quiet and smooth it could be on the highway. Oh well.

Thanks everyone for your well wishes, I've seen another one in pretty much exactly the same spec, but it's at a really far away dealer, so I'm still deciding. Still reliving the crash, it really messes with you!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry to hear that, glad that you're ok.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Some bad news...my Giulia is no more. I was driving my brand new Quad on the highway when a lady merged into my lane, hitting the passenger rear of my car. It sent me across 3 lanes and into the concrete barrier. A few things to note:

This car is incredibly safe. I've never bought a car because of its safety features, but now I'm thanking Alfa engineers for how safe this car is. Every airbag went off. Every single one. I hit a concrete barrier at highway speed and moved it about a foot, and walked away with some bruises. Amazing. The curtain airbags were deployed, knee airbags etc. Could've been much, much worse.

This happened over a month ago, but I've finally gotten the payoff from the insurance company so I feel ok to post. I'm devastated about it, I had the car for exactly 17 days before this happened! Didn't get to drive it much either due to covid. The times I did drive it I absolutely loved it though! What an incredible machine. I had just received the Forza controller and a set of Tecnico wheels to mount winter tires on. Luckily I hadn't installed anything yet!

I've been really bummed about this whole thing, pondering whether to get another one. This was the perfect spec: Alfa Rosso with the Sparco seats and the carbon fiber package. I can't find any others on my online searches with these packages, so I might just wait until a 2020 is available with these specs. For now I have my trusty 4C which I still love and a daily, so I'm ok for cars. I just miss my Giulia!

If you're interested in seeing the end result, it's at an auction yard here:

I wouldn't recommend buying it :)

Tragic pics below.

View attachment 100433

View attachment 100434 View attachment 100435 View attachment 100436 View attachment 100437
What an unfortunate accident. I can commiserate, though. My first Alfa was a 1972 GTV and I had it four all of five days before an elderly gentleman crashed a red light and I T-boned his right front. Totaled the Alfa, but I got a company car out of the misfortune. Boss said "We can't have you driving around in those little Eye-talian cars." I had to wait more than forty years to get my next Alfa, a 2019 Giulia Ti Sport.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts