Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got some rim rash on my 19" teledial dark wheels. Frustrated but want to be proactive in the future. Anyone have these?

·
Registered
204 Posts
If you search for curb rash, there's quite a few posts with details. I think everyone that has had it, has had the rims restored ok, even with a mobile repairer, with the wheel on. Which also means the paint matching is not too hard.

Proactively to reduce this when parking, I like the BMW feature when you engage R, the passenger side window tilts downwards to show the curb. Someone on the forum gave this tip. Save one of the memory seat buttons with the passenger side mirror tilted down. Then you can just hit the other memory button to move the mirror, then restore the position with the original memory seat button.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Save one of the memory seat buttons with the passenger side mirror tilted down. Then you can just hit the other memory button to move the mirror, then restore the position with the original memory seat button.
I do this....works like a charm. Only trouble I have is when I forget to restore to my settings before starting off. I look at my passenger side rear view and only see the road. It will only allow you to restore the positions when you are stopped, but of course you can adjust the mirror the usual way while driving.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I do this....works like a charm. Only trouble I have is when I forget to restore to my settings before starting off. I look at my passenger side rear view and only see the road. It will only allow you to restore the positions when you are stopped, but of course you can adjust the mirror the usual way while driving.
Yep, still do this too many times! Trying to get into the habit of hitting the 'restore' memory once I've parked. :frown2:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yup done that! Drive off thinking who the heck messed with my mirror?! Then realised it was me!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts