Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Ti with the 2.0 engine and rwd. Today while the car was in park in my driveway, I pushed the accelerator to the floor. It zoomed up to about 4509 rpm then just kind of hung there. Is this normal? Should it get closer to red line? Software has been update. I get no warning lights and the Ten gauge stays at exactly half no matter how hot it gets.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Can't say I've revved the engine that high while parked. But in some vids where they are showing exhaust sounds on the 2.0 it sounds like it does hit a limiter (that metalic sound right in between revs.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,921 Posts
I have a Ti with the 2.0 engine and rwd. Today while the car was in park in my driveway, I pushed the accelerator to the floor. It zoomed up to about 4509 rpm then just kind of hung there. Is this normal? Should it get closer to red line? Software has been update. I get no warning lights and the Ten gauge stays at exactly half no matter how hot it gets.
I was taught long ago that it is bad for the engine to rev it too high with no load on it. I never got a clear explanation for this claim, but maybe Alfa engineers designed accordingly?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I am guessing there is some kind of control on it. When I drive in manual mode it revs up into red just fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.