Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read on this forum and elsewhere after a Google search, that the man is being swallowed by the snake, and the man is a Moor, as Muslim was known at that time. The Moor invaded Europe in the 1300s. Is that all wrong info?

Last week I received the welcome pack from Alfa Romeo, in it they explain that the man is coming out of the snake, signifying a rebirth. Is this revisionist history, due to the current PC culture?

What's the correct explanation?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Semi-Revisionist. Most commonly, the figure is described as a child, possibly Moorish, being consumed. Some have pushed the Biscione - Birth theory over the almost 1,000 years the symbol has been in heraldic use, but much less commonly.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
mods, please delete this thread before somebody somewhere is offended by what something might mean to someone, and alfa is labelled as an offensive vehicle and ....

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
mods, please delete this thread before somebody somewhere is offended by what something might mean to someone, and alfa is labelled as an offensive vehicle and ....
Oh stop, enough already. I hope you were kidding. Head designer Guiseppe Merosi was given the task of finding a logo. However, Romano Cattaneo is considered the father of the logo. The logo has taken various forms over the years. The red cross on a white field is a symbol linked with the City of Milan. Il Biscone is also a symbol from Milans Coat of Arms and was a symbol of the Visconti family who were influential in the church, trade and politics. It is depicted in the process of devouring a child.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts