Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Thanks guys for posting these reviews! All of the reviews were positive overall, which makes me even more excited! I was surprised find out that most reviewers have fund the car roomy in the back and interior also got pretty good marks. Good job Alfa, now assemble the cars in a hurry and start selling them finally in the USA!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks guys for posting these reviews! All of the reviews were positive overall, which makes me even more excited! I was surprised find out that most reviewers have fund the car roomy in the back and interior also got pretty good marks. Good job Alfa, now assemble the cars in a hurry and start selling them finally in the USA!!!
I second that ! Can't wait for these to hit dealerships across North America !

·
Registered
242 Posts
A few more:

TopGear (QV): http://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/alfa-romeo/qv-4dr/first-drive

WhatCar (diesel): http://www.whatcar.com/news/2016-alfa-romeo-giulia-22-multijet-180-review/

Quote from Car Magazine UK:
What about the interior? Flakier than a choux pastry?

Not at all. Audi’s A4 has it licked for interior quality, but it’s more stylish, vastly better finisher than Jag’s XE and massively more roomy.
Jag XE is on my list too but was concerned about these as well, so good to see Giulia should be better. I assume the handling/dynamics will make up against the A4.

·
Registered
456 Posts
pcbbrew, we have posted the same link within minutes! :)

I am in the same boat. I had the Jaguar XE on my list as well, but the interior based on the photos I saw was a big disappointment, which was also confirmed by most of the reviews. However, I really like the layout of the Giulia interior, and if the reviewers state that if falls slightly below of Audi's quality I can live with that. Audi's interior quality is generally considered one of the best in the industry. Even though the quality is probably continues to be great in the new A4, in terms of looks the glued on iPad display completely ruins it for me.

·
Registered
242 Posts
First 2.0 petrol review?

This is the first 2.0 petrol review I have seen - from AutoCar UK

Very encouraging notes on engine & handling
To drive, it's very pleasing indeed. The engine revs very smoothly, but with the fizzy edge you always hope for in an Alfa, and its throttle response is mostly sharp enough to make you forget there's a turbine wheel to spool up. There's enough near-instant torque to make the Giulia feel smaller and lighter than it is, although aluminium subframes, suspension arms and some body panels have helped pare the weight back. Vital stats are a 146mph top speed and a 6.6sec 0-62mph time, quick enough for most needs.
The 2.0 lacks the Quadrifoglio's mode-adjustable active dampers, but the passive monotube ZF-Sachs units have beautifully-judged calibration. The Giulia's very rigid body structure helps their task, the overall result is a remarkably smooth, quiet, well-controlled ride combined with low roll angles, taut responses to the driver's directional commands and a deliciously grippy, progressive, light-footed pointability. Although ultra-quick in its response, an Alfa feature since the days of the 156, the steering feels keen and natural rather than nervous, if short on true feel of the front wheels' state of grip.

This dynamic mix is, frankly, a revelation. It's better than that of any mainstream Fiat Group product in recent memory, and it gives real substance to Alfa Romeo's intended rebirth as a maker of proper drivers' cars.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts