Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the backup camera always split screen? I could've sworn when I was first driving it, the whole screen was used... but for the life of me now I can't figure out how to get it off of split screen.

·
Supporting Vendor
691 Posts
Split screen is one of the options; to turn it off got to:

Settings/Infotainment/Splitscreen and choose OFF

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
I haven't driven mine in a couple weeks. Waiting for all the crap on the roads to clear off here in the Philadelphia region. Does turning off the split screen automatically make the rear-view camera go to full screen mode?

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Tried mine today as well. No full screen rear view. Even after turning off the parksense display

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ok, it must have just been my imagination.. shame, as the view is so small.
I read the owner's manual last night and looked thru all the settings and could not find where you can make it full screen. I am going to the dealership tomorrow and will ask but I have a feeling that you won't be able to make it full screen.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Would be nice for a software mod to allow the full-screen for the reverse camera. Add it to the list:

1. Boost gauge
2. Oil Temp
3. Trans Temp
4. Rear view cam full screen

Reactions: 4doorturbo

·
Supporting Vendor
691 Posts
It seems turning off split screen make all of the other functions full screen (radio, nav, media, vehicle apps) but not the backup camera.

I guess they feel the parking sensor indicators are an integral part of the that function?

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Seems like it.

·
Registered
2017 Vesuvio Grey Giulia Ti Q2
413 Posts
Is there a way to turn on the reverse camera manually? In the A6 I traded I could press the reverse camera button on the dash to manually turn it on and off at low speed. I would turn it on while pulling into my garage and use the camera to verify that I had pulled in the proper distance. I can't seem to find a way to do the on the Giulia. Im guessing its not possible but thought I would ask.

·
Registered
547 Posts
That would be a great feature to have but I don't believe it exists at this time. I would be happy with a full screen back up camera view as well.

·
Registered
372 Posts
The only "work around" would be to put the car in "reverse", then back in "drive" and pull into your garage while the camera stays on for a short period of time.... That's what I do when needed - although it is a bit of a chore to come to a complete stop, and go thru the procedure to see the camera view behind...

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Would be nice for a software mod to allow the full-screen for the reverse camera. Add it to the list:

1. Boost gauge
2. Oil Temp
3. Trans Temp
4. Rear view cam full screen
Eric,
Did you mean to type Coolant Temp?
Doesn't your Quad have an Oil Temp gauge?

·
Registered
2017 Vesuvio Grey Giulia Ti Q2
413 Posts
The only "work around" would be to put the car in "reverse", then back in "drive" and pull into your garage while the camera stays on for a short period of time.... That's what I do when needed - although it is a bit of a chore to come to a complete stop, and go thru the procedure to see the camera view behind...
Thank you! There was a setting for the backup camera that had to be changed to add a delay to it turning off when you shift back into drive. Once I changed the setting it stays on. Good work around.

·
Registered
420 Posts
It would be great if AR can be one of the first to make a steering wheel that displays this sort of information in the way BMW has done, but make it more dynamic. Reading essential information like that is easier when its in line where your eyes need to be 90% of the time:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts