Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I'm with you on the bridge name @MDriver (was naming it after his father reverse nepotism?). I loved Pepe's. There's a place here that does its best to produce a similar pie. The wait is a lot shorter, though, and they don't serve the clams.

I thought the pizza in Madison was pretty good when I lived there. Reminiscing about it being ~$2.00 for a small pie. Lobster rolls were about the same. Summers on the beach were fun.

While the Merritt Parkway was fun, the Saw Mill River was a blast. Out-of-the-way for people coming from Indiana, though. Cousins used to own a DQ in North Haven or Hamden. That was over forty years ago, so they're probably long gone.
How are the roads in Michigan?

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
I'm with you on the bridge name @MDriver (was naming it after his father reverse nepotism?). I loved Pepe's. There's a place here that does its best to produce a similar pie. The wait is a lot shorter, though, and they don't serve the clams.

I thought the pizza in Madison was pretty good when I lived there. Reminiscing about it being ~$2.00 for a small pie. Lobster rolls were about the same. Summers on the beach were fun.

While the Merritt Parkway was fun, the Saw Mill River was a blast. Out-of-the-way for people coming from Indiana, though. Cousins used to own a DQ in North Haven or Hamden. That was over forty years ago, so they're probably long gone.
I was very lucky, my son went to school in Hamden and became friends with a few of the people who worked at Pepe, so I made sure to bring him along so no wait...LOL and the DQ was in Hamden!, again a guilty pleasure when we visited my son.....unfortunately I haven't been back since he graduated many moons ago....they did open a Frank Pepe in Yonkers, but it ain't the same:(

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
5,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
How are the roads in Michigan?
We have a lot of them. :) Most are in poor condition, and around the Detroit area many are straight. That explained domestic cars' ride and handling to me when I moved here. I have since found some fun roads.

One of our local pizza places considers itself "an embassy of New Haven". Right. Their pizza is pretty good.

·
Registered
70 Posts
All good things must come to an end, and such is the lease on my 2017 Giulia. All is not lost, however, as I expect to take delivery of my 2020 soon. I've looked it over carefully, emptied out all my stuff, found the second key fob, and "penny measured" the original tires' tread. All that's left is deleting phone and nav data, which I will do at the dealer.

The one mystery I have is what was in the large, empty, rectangular cavity in the foam insert under the trunk floor. The owner's manual fits with room to spare. Maybe that's what was there, but I have the nagging feeling something is missing. Thoughts?

On an almost completed unrelated note, I'm trying to scare myself up a Fiat Spider. I found one at the port that's supposed to go to Penske to have its hood and decklid "heritage stripe" painted. I don't want that, and I certainly don't want to pay for it. So I'm asking the dealer to see if they can intercept it. Hopefully they can and there won't be any problem selling a car whose content differs from the window sticker. Wish me luck!
The void in the trunk is for the tyre repair kit.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I am a CT resident outside of New Haven and love reading all of this about the state and the pizza. Being small, we don’t get as much attention as some of the larger more well known states. Looks like there is a good representation of past and present CT folks on this site.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
5,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Picking up 2020 next Friday.

Reactions: JeFizz and Airflow

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you're referring to the Pirelli Cinturato P7s, yeah. Those are all seasons.

I thought the summer tire package that consist of 225 front and 255 rear are Bridgestones.

Maybe there's a Bridgestone option too, but I have the 225 front and 255 rear summer tire package and they're Pirelli P Zeros.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Maybe there's a Bridgestone option too, but I have the 225 front and 255 rear summer tire package and they're Pirelli P Zeros.
What year is yours? I wonder if they changed suppliers throughout the years

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

41 - 49 of 49 Posts