Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents

I have a 2.0 petrol super saloon with a auto / semi gearbox and would like to refit paddles. Here in the UK these paddles are not a standard fit to the super saloon where some country's they are, the only models in the Uk that have paddles are the Speciale, Veloce and the brute of a motor (Quad). Can anybody advise whether paddles can be fitted to a Super Saloon as a plug and play or will the car need coding to accept paddle shifters.

Regards
Paul

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'm a firm believer that anything is possible, just comes down to how easy/costly it is. Since the paddles are mounted to the column, my guess is that you would probably have to replace the whole steering column to make sure you have all the necessary hardware. And since you can already manual shift with the shifter in the center console, I doubt there's much if any software that would need to be tweaked. Just a matter of getting the right hardware and plugging it all in to the transmission. Don't think it would be crazy expensive, but certainly doesn't sound like an easy feat, assuming you can even source the right parts.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,754 Posts
Sounds like a fun weekend project.

·
Banned
219 Posts
I would not have bought mine without the paddle shifters. Still wish they offered a true manual gearbox with a clutch peddle. Guess, I got to get my kicks from my vintage Fiat Spider. So easy to work on and not a software issue in sight. There is just to much fun rowing through the gears.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts