Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone and hello from the small island of Guernsey

I am new to this forum but thought I would fire off a few questions just in case anyone on here can answer them.

Car:Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce - 280bhp (UK)

1. Can you retro fit the enhanced media system or Harman Kardon system?
2. Can you retro fit the reversing camera?
3. Does anyone know if Alfa are working with any exhaust companies to create an official exhaust for this model of Giulia. This car has so much potential and it is being let down by how quite the exhaust is. Or could someone recommend a system?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Go on the Eurocompulsion site. I have there Centerline Corsa exhaust and V2 intake. You would not believe the improvement over stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
For the UK specific model go to alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-giulia/

This is mainly a North American Market model site.

Answers to your Q's below:

1. Can you retro fit the enhanced media system or Harman Kardon system? - NO. not easily anyway and it will be prohibitively expensive. The HK system is wired for a number of additional speakers, the hardware and amplifier is also different. Also, the infotainment software is different in that you get additional settings if HK audio is present. I have HK and when the system starts-up the HK logo is displayed in the bottom corner of the infotainment screen thus proving its all well integrated. To retrofit, IF it can even be done will involve multiple times the cost of the HK option when added from factory. Will tel you this much though, I have heard both the base and HK systems for long periods and if I were to order again I would forego it as the sound is no where near 'premium' quality! Too many speakers and the whole system is mid-range heavy. It sounds good enough after running in but nothing to rave about. You will also have warranty implications. Best option is to upgrade your speakers at a spealist audio place to some high quality items. This will give you much improved sound at fraction of the cost.

2. Can you retro fit the reversing camera? - Again, it won't be easy as the camera is integrated in the infotainment so will need specific software updates. You can get reversing camera that displays in your rear view mirror by swapping the mirror for an alternative item. Google it. Whatever you fit won't look factory fitted though!

3. Does anyone know if Alfa are working with any exhaust companies to create an official exhaust for this model of Giulia. This car has so much potential and it is being let down by how quite the exhaust is. Or could someone recommend a system? - There are a few systems sold specifically for the Veloce model in the UK/EU by Ragazzon and Remus listed on their official websites. Search it. I have the Remus rear axle-back muffler (200HP UK model) and there is an improvement in sound but with a slight drone between 1000 to 1500 rpm which is below normal cruising range so I am not that concerned. I had at first replaced the front resonator section as well but found a slight reduction is throttle response on my lower powered 200HP version, so I ended up re-fitting the factory resonator. Remus is 2.75" diameter pipe, Ragazzon is 3" dia pipe. Factory is 2.5" pipe. Bigger the diameter, more bassy/deeper the sound. In my experience there will be slight change in very low-end rpm performance with diameter but many others don't report this on the 280HP version. Its your choice ultimately based on what kind of exhaust note you would like and what you are willing to compromise in terms of cabin comfort. The Giulia is not exactly class leading with noise insulation so you will hear noise inside the cabin, some people do like this. I have also fitted a drop-in replacement BMC filter as I wanted to preserve the factory look. This has improved air flow slightly and changed the intake noise to a slightly deeper pitch. I got this from http://shop.alfisti.net/Tuning-Styling/Alfa-Giulia:::1_580.html , they also sell Ragazzon exhausts. You can contact them for more information. You can order Remus directly from their EU official website.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts