Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before taking it in the dealer for TSB: 1803017 try the following:

Required
  • ODBC Reader (Plenty cheap ones on Amazon)
  • Mobile device with bluetooth to connect to ODBC reader
  • Any app from the Android or Apple Store that can clear fault codes and connect to your ODBC reader (Check compatibility)

Procedure
  • Confirm the fault code P1CEA
  • Ensure black pipe is connected as pictured in the attached picture
  • With the engine off and the dashboard on, clear the fault code in the app
  • Drive for 5-10 minutes and shut off the car. Repeat this step at least 3 times.
  • On the third cycle, the CEL should go away, if not repeat these steps

Note: The above should work on stock air intakes and after market. In general, ensure all piping is connected properly. Use zip-ties to tie down lose pipes.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Before taking it in the dealer for TSB: 1803017 try the following:

Required
  • ODBC Reader (Plenty cheap ones on Amazon)
  • Mobile device with bluetooth to connect to ODBC reader
  • Any app from the Android or Apple Store that can clear fault codes and connect to your ODBC reader (Check compatibility)
Procedure
  • Confirm the fault code P1CEA
  • Ensure black pipe is connected as pictured in the attached picture
  • With the engine off and the dashboard on, clear the fault code in the app
  • Drive for 5-10 minutes and shut off the car. Repeat this step at least 3 times.
  • On the third cycle, the CEL should go away, if not repeat these steps
Note: The above should work on stock air intakes and after market. In general, ensure all piping is connected properly. Use zip-ties to tie down lose pipes.
Thanks for this tip - all my tubing and connections look tight. Chris from Eurocompulsion said he'd send me a new kit if my code continued after tightening. Did anyone find that cleaning the MAF helped with his problem too, or is is it a vacuum problem only?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Thanks for this tip - all my tubing and connections look tight. Chris from Eurocompulsion said he'd send me a new kit if my code continued after tightening. Did anyone find that cleaning the MAF helped with his problem too, or is is it a vacuum problem only?
Make sure one side of the "T" is way harder to blow air through than the other.
My kit was missing the valve and it was easy to blow either way. They sent me a new one and all good since.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am having the same issue, i tightened with zip ties and i dont have an obdc reader ... what is cheap obdc reader that is compatible with my 2019 Giulia? Cause i heard they are not universal, and some only work with some cars? Is this true...?

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,668 Posts
I am having the same issue, i tightened with zip ties and i dont have an obdc reader ... what is cheap obdc reader that is compatible with my 2019 Giulia? Cause i heard they are not universal, and some only work with some cars? Is this true...?
So your 2019 will have a security gateway (SGW/SWG/SGM) that prevents writing or clearing codes. You would need an SGW bypass in order to do that. As far as an OBD2 adapter, I love the OBDLink products. OBDLink MX (Bluetooth) and OBDLink SX (USB) are what I use. Bluetooth for reading and clearing codes using my phone, and the USB adapter for using my laptop and Multiecuscan (MES) for other more heavy duty tinkering.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Did you get the new kit? Did it help? Would you mind sharing pics of the new kit? Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
The new tube looks identical to the old but the t junction is tighter and doesn’t leak. I swapped it 2 months ago ( no pics because there’s no difference in look) and thought my problem was solved. However I have had two limp modes since then with minimal driving. I’m not sure of the cause but can only assume it is the V2 somehow. A battery disconnect and steering wheel reset do the trick every time until the next. I decided last week that if this happens again, I am reverting to stock as that is the only way I will know if the limp mode is caused by this conversion or not.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The new tube looks identical to the old but the t junction is tighter and doesn’t leak. I swapped it 2 months ago ( no pics because there’s no difference in look) and thought my problem was solved. However I have had two limp modes since then with minimal driving. I’m not sure of the cause but can only assume it is the V2 somehow. A battery disconnect and steering wheel reset do the trick every time until the next. I decided last week that if this happens again, I am reverting to stock as that is the only way I will know if the limp mode is caused by this conversion or not.
how do you do the steering wheel and battery rest

·
Registered
6 Posts
Battery reset is easy- undo one of the terminals in the trunk and keep it undone for about 15 mins (DO NOT CLOSE THE TRUNK LID ELSE YOU WILL BE LOCKED OUT)
Once you connect it again, start the car and don't worry, the lights will light up everywhere like a xmas tree. With car in park turn wheel full lock to the right, hold it 2 second, bring back to center, hold it, and then turn full lock left and hold it for two seconds. Power off engine. Start it again and it should go to normal. You will have to set the date/time on your console again

·
Registered
3 Posts
Battery reset is easy- undo one of the terminals in the trunk and keep it undone for about 15 mins (DO NOT CLOSE THE TRUNK LID ELSE YOU WILL BE LOCKED OUT)
Once you connect it again, start the car and don't worry, the lights will light up everywhere like a xmas tree. With car in park turn wheel full lock to the right, hold it 2 second, bring back to center, hold it, and then turn full lock left and hold it for two seconds. Power off engine. Start it again and it should go to normal. You will have to set the date/time on your console again
thanks i will try that

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,668 Posts
Does this affect the car in any way or is it just like a reset
No worries, it won't affect or reset anything other than the codes/lights you are getting.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts