Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

So I recently took my car in for service for the door rattle and brake noise issues. I'm happy to report both have been fixed, for the time being at least.

After getting the car back for 2 days, I feel the car behaves differently than when I dropped her off. I can't tell if its the brake sticking feeling or the transmission. The car feels a little bit sluggish. :crying:

I know the ZF8 has self-learning ability, is it possible that the technician reset the transmission? Car was dropped off at 753 miles and picked up with 759 miles.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
332 Posts
they could have done updates to ecm/tcm or d/c battery for long enough period. if so, that resets its learning curve and forgets your inputs. Probably will be better in a few hundred miles.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No software update was done according to them. But I did notice my battery cover & cap were off upon picking up the car, this might be why. Thanks, learning something new everyday.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me, I disconnected the negative battery terminal so I could remove the air bag and steering wheel. After reconnecting the battery and calibrating the steering I noticed the car seemed a little slower and more throttle lag than before. It's the whole learning car thing, it didn't take very long before it was back to before.

·
Registered
597 Posts
wait.... the transmission learns?? I thought I was just getting good at driving!

Reactions: Chipshot
1 - 6 of 6 Posts