Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Not sure best category for this thread sorry Admin, please move if appropriate.)

I know someone who has cracked their windshield on another car make that also has a built in video module attached inside. Due to this, they have to take back to the same manufacturer/dealer for repair, rather than alternative competitive windshield repair businesses.

Just wondering if the Giulia/Quad will be effected by this as well? If so, I'm imagining this could be quite expensive and it might actually be worth me getting windscreen replacement cover on my insurance plan.

Thanks in advance to anybody who can accurately answer this.

·
Registered
150 Posts
(Not sure best category for this thread sorry Admin, please move if appropriate.)

I know someone who has cracked their windshield on another car make that also has a built in video module attached inside. Due to this, they have to take back to the same manufacturer/dealer for repair, rather than alternative competitive windshield repair businesses.

Just wondering if the Giulia/Quad will be effected by this as well? If so, I'm imagining this could be quite expensive and it might actually be worth me getting windscreen replacement cover on my insurance plan.

Thanks in advance to anybody who can accurately answer this.
The Lane Keep Assist module needs to be recalibrated so a trip to the dealer will be required.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Had it done on my Volvo V60 twice (have glass insurance)...that car has a camera as well as an electric defroster (like most cars have in the rear window)...cost for glass alone (definitely insist on factory glass) was over $1200 for the windscreen alone....first replacement the electric defroster didn't work on the driver's side...had to be redone.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.