Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay, I only have 650 miles on my QV due to poor weather lately in New England, but starting to fear the eventual need for tire replacement. Seems like there a VERY few options for the QV. The Pirelli P-Zero Corsa are in short supply and about $1,450 on Tire Rack.

So far, I'm actually very impressed with the tire's grip, but concerned about too frequent tire changes due to higher potential for rim damage.

What are others planning to do for replacement tires when they get to that point in a few months? Praying for other options...Michelins PSC2 or Pilot 4S.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Okay, I only have 650 miles on my QV due to poor weather lately in New England, but starting to fear the eventual need for tire replacement. Seems like there a VERY few options for the QV. The Pirelli P-Zero Corsa are in short supply and about $1,450 on Tire Rack.

So far, I'm actually very impressed with the tire's grip, but concerned about too frequent tire changes due to higher potential for rim damage.

What are others planning to do for replacement tires when they get to that point in a few months? Praying for other options...Michelins PSC2 or Pilot 4S.
I have my all seasons on, the the warm months Ill probably be switching to a sticky tire such as the Toyo R888R or Rivals 1.5 (if sizing is available).

If not Maybe Pilots again if available. You should see more tires coming out for the car as summer months come up I would imagine.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have my all seasons on, the the warm months Ill probably be switching to a sticky tire such as the Toyo R888R or Rivals 1.5 (if sizing is available).

If not Maybe Pilots again if available. You should see more tires coming out for the car as summer months come up I would imagine.
Here's to hoping!:eek:

·
Registered
103 Posts

U were running corsa tires on snow? How was the grip. They r saying not suitable for any water or snow.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am having Michelin Pilot Super sports put on today
Nice! Definitely let us know if you feel any change in grip, especially after doing some laps at your Atlanta MotorSports track. You're our early adopter!!

Tire Rack has very few options, but clearly your special ordered the MPSS? Wondering if the Pilot 4S are going to be available this Summer too.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
U were running corsa tires on snow? How was the grip. They r saying not suitable for any water or snow.
Have not driven in rain or snow, other then residual driveway snow. Actual got stuck! Lol

My soon to be gone M3 is excellent with Blizzaks.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
the Rack has a deal on the Pirelli's $1342 for a set after rebate:grin2:
Haha :laugh: Let me check what sizes we are actually talking about. I think there will be more, especially if you include the not-so-stretched tuner "stanced" profile widths. TRs specs are very good and got me through 3 cars, with my OZ wheels sized for 2 Ferraris, the 360 requiring spacers but with excellent fit. Sure I will probably roll my fenders this spring but that is on wider than stock rims. Stock is an issue anyway on the 360. There will be sizes. The Giulia is brand new.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
What are the wheel widths and offsets?

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Haha :laugh: Let me check what sizes we are actually talking about. I think there will be more, especially if you include the not-so-stretched tuner "stanced" profile widths. TRs specs are very good and got me through 3 cars, with my OZ wheels sized for 2 Ferraris, the 360 requiring spacers but with excellent fit. Sure I will probably roll my fenders this spring but that is on wider than stock rims. Stock is an issue anyway on the 360. There will be sizes. The Giulia is brand new.
https://www.tirerack.com/specialoffers/details.jsp?promoID=P716
here ya go..did the leg work for you....did you burn through the rears on your QV already????

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hopefully someone comes out with a reasonably priced set of 19" rims to use for winter duty. Spending $450x4 on a set of OZ rims to run through the pothole gauntlet is pretty steep.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Hopefully someone comes out with a reasonably priced set of 19" rims to use for winter duty. Spending $450x4 on a set of OZ rims to run through the pothole gauntlet is pretty steep.
wonder if 18's would work??? car sit too low perhaps?> or off-set issues??...with 18's I'm sure the cost would be a bit better

·
Registered
658 Posts
I have asked the dealer about getting some 18" rims for putting winter tires on. I will let you know what I hear. I have got used to a 'minus 1' set of rims for the winter which has worked well. I haven't been able to find a third party set of rims with the right pitch circle diameter let alone offset yet.

This page seems to have all the wheel and tire data hope it helps
https://www.wheel-size.com/size/alfa-romeo/giulia/2017/

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
I have asked the dealer about getting some 18" rims for putting winter tires on. I will let you know what I hear. I have got used to a 'minus 1' set of rims for the winter which has worked well. I haven't been able to find a third party set of rims with the right pitch circle diameter let alone offset yet.

This page seems to have all the wheel and tire data hope it helps
https://www.wheel-size.com/size/alfa-romeo/giulia/2017/
car is still to new I'm afraid..unless you go completely custom...maybe HRE? or there is a fellow in NY, really well known, who actually fabricates wheels...I worked with him once...very competent guy...company called ProFormance...has the CNC machine(s) in the shop and he designs/cuts wheels in addition to other things...
I would like 18's more for the track than winter driving...just my taste I suppose.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
The size of the wheel really determines the pricing. Bolt Pattern is also a Saab Pattern so if you want some cheaper wheels you could look there. I think $450 a wheel is kind of reasonable considering they are OZ rims.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Height is not the primary issue he so much as brake caliper clearance. Insanely tight tolerances as is stock.
Hmm...maybe because of the offset?? point of reference I have on my E39 18x9.5 OEM rims all 4 corners.
I have the Stop Tech BBK which are 355x32MM rotors front & rear: Fronts have a 6 piston Caliper rears 4 piston....and they clear just fine...is it tight?..no not really...
I would really like to get a set of 18's for the track.....my wallet will be crying after a few track days:grin2: not to mention my wife being very pissed

1 - 20 of 37 Posts