Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am just shy of 30k on my base Giulia. I decided to replace the plugs and filters on my own. Anyone know where (other than the dealer) to get replacement or equivalent NGK IR ILZKR7G 7G plugs? I tried a few shops and nobody carried anything. Also, anyone know the gap recommendation?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Champion (9407) RER8ZWYCB4

·
Registered
120 Posts
I bought the gem plugs at my local Jeep dealer. I too am looking for the spark plug gap spec for the Giulia 2.0. Anyone have any luck finding it? Perhaps @ALFATECH could help?

·
Registered
537 Posts
I bought the gem plugs at my local Jeep dealer. I too am looking for the spark plug gap spec for the Giulia 2.0. Anyone have any luck finding it? Perhaps @ALFATECH could help?
I’ll check tomorrow.

Reactions: LoCoRob

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Note we have one member suggesting the Champions are not a correct replacement, and run too hit. Your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
@Logan Rees, if-when you replace your spark plus, if you can, snap an image (and post it) of the old spark plugs. Also, please check the gap on the old plugs to see how much may have worn from the electrodes. Thanks,

Reactions: LoCoRob

·
Registered
120 Posts
@LoCoRob The spark plug gap must be 0.60 - 0.65 mm, PLUG TORQUE IS 168 IN/LBS, BUT I JUST PUT THEM SNUG
Thanks! That’s great info. Is there someplace we should post this as a “sticky” for others?

·
Registered
537 Posts

·
Registered
1,958 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Here are the plugs I got back from the 30k service actual mileage 28k. All still have the original 0.6mm gap, I have to say looking at these plugs I think they could safely do more miles. But how many more?

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Here are the plugs I got back from the 30k service actual mileage 28k. All still have the original 0.6mm gap, I have to say looking at these plugs I think they could safely do more miles. But how many more?
Considering Alfa changed the service interval to 60K miles, I'd say you could get around 32k more.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,715 Posts
@LoCoRob The spark plug gap must be 0.60 - 0.65 mm, PLUG TORQUE IS 168 IN/LBS, BUT I JUST PUT THEM SNUG
The service manual says 0.06 (no units provided), I presume that means 0.06cm. It also notes that the gap is not adjustable (?!) and is provided for use in assessing the condition of the spark plugs.

A pile of detritus (an oak leaf and some coarse fuzzy material) came out together with plug #4 in my car. At 30,000 miles the old plugs looked pretty much like new.

It is necessary to take the turbo bypass hose loose to get at plug #2.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts