·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
6,389 Posts

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Up close it looks good. How is it from far away?

Did you use plasti-dip?
From far away, again just stealthy--I just rebadged last weekend and don't have any shots of the 2022; but here is my 2019 I traded in for it (same exact color spec). Now imagine with a diffuser (being a Veloce) + body panel molding that isn't plastic + 21" black five hole wheels...

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Car Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
221 Posts
I managed to swap the rear badge. But the front is proving to be near impossible. I cant get anything to open up the gap between the emblem and the housing. I tried using this plastic razor, but it's too flimsy. My fishing line is 25lbs, perhaps a smaller weighted line would work?

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Font

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I managed to swap the rear badge. But the front is proving to be near impossible. I cant get anything to open up the gap between the emblem and the housing. I tried using this plastic razor, but it's too flimsy. My fishing line is 25lbs, perhaps a smaller weighted line would work?

View attachment 123565
Are you able to apply any heat to it? Can you post a pic of your front emblem currently and line? I used double twined line, which is strong, thicker than regular floss. It also looks like with your plastic razor, the handle may be a bit too short for leverage as well.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Are you able to apply any heat to it? Can you post a pic of your front emblem currently and line? I used double twined line, which is strong, thicker than regular floss. It also looks like with your plastic razor, the handle may be a bit too short for leverage as well.
I used a heat gun on low. You're right about the handle being too short. I went ahead and ordered one that looks like yours. Will give it another shot tomorrow. If all else fails, going to drill it out.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive design

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I used a heat gun on low. You're right about the handle being too short. I went ahead and ordered one that looks like yours. Will give it another shot tomorrow. If all else fails, going to drill it out.

View attachment 123571
That top right side is where I’d start prying — remember, the adhesive starts about where the blue surround from the emblem ends (towards the serpent).

That’s where you’ll want to focus your heat gun, while using a downward motion with your plastic razor. The heat will take some time to penetrate the emblem—I just held it there, it transferred to the plastic blade, making it contour to the curvature.

It’s definitely a pain in the ass, but once it starts to separate, feed your line quickly, because the adhesive will pull itself back towards the car and reapply itself.

You got this!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I noticed the biggest gap is around the ME. So yeah you're right on the money. I think I just need a better razor tool, something that'll wedge nicely. The rear emblem took 1 minute to remove, and didnt eve use the heat gun! This front badge is testing my patience.

·
Registered
2020 Q4 Ti Sport
67 Posts
Totally reviving and adding to this thread because I finally managed to get the emblems that I had problems with USPS delivering at the beginning of this year. Rear was definitely the same straightforward experience to remove. Front was definitely a PITA, and I had to use my iFixit Metal Spudgers to help coerce it out since the plastic razor and twine had problems fitting in the gap. I kept hitting it with CarPro TarX (and also used that to remove the adhesive gunk really easily) plus the same Ryobi Heat Gun.

Prior to that I also had to remove my Carbon Fiber emblem cover with the same heat gun+tarx combo, then cleaned with alcohol. Luckily, I had remaining VHB Tape from Michael's awesome Carbon Fiber Arch Guards kit so I had no problems reattaching the cover. This GTA Emblem mod definitely helps my vehicle look much more visually consistent overall!

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting White Hood Automotive tire
Land vehicle Grille Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light Hood Automotive tire
Car Vehicle Grille Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive side marker light Grille

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce in Rosso Monza
36 Posts
i received my badges in the mail during the week and was going to search youtube for a guide video when i stumbled upon a comment pointing to this thread tonight. Sounds like i might hate doing the front badge (why the f*** isn't it a bolt on item?)

The tip with tape centering the word badges is a good one too. Looks like I've got a busy weekend ahead of me sometime soon...

Product Guitar accessory Sunglasses Luggage and bags Eyewear

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
120 Posts
Drill a hole in the front one and pry it off.
A couple minutes and you're done.
A small sacrifice to make once you see the the end results.
Those emblems and the GTA taillights transform the car.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce in Rosso Monza
36 Posts
Drill a hole in the front one and pry it off.
A couple minutes and you're done.
A small sacrifice to make once you see the the end results.
Those emblems and the GTA taillights transform the car.
Thanks for the tip. I did see a video of that method with the Giulietta front badge actually. Might do it that way as i'm not bothered about saving the badge. They're easy to source again if i want to revert back (although i can't see why i would?) Wish i could've sourced the same monochrome centre caps instead of the slightly different ones.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
6,389 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I did see a video of that method with the Giulietta front badge actually. Might do it that way as i'm not bothered about saving the badge. They're easy to source again if i want to revert back (although i can't see why i would?) Wish i could've sourced the same monochrome centre caps instead of the slightly different ones.
Your center caps look like the qv ones. Nothing wrong with that

Reactions: Mondo
21 - 33 of 33 Posts