Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 4C for 10 months now as a DD and really do love this car. Cannot make up my mind if I should replace my 4C with the Quadrifoglio when it arrives to the USA by end of this year hopefully. P.S. cannot afford both:frown2:

·
Registered
161 Posts
I think the 4C is super nice! I had a chance to drive one not too long ago, so I understand why you love it. To bad i need more room or I would have seriously considered a buy.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have been seeing a lot of disappointing reviews on the 4C, the main one from Doug DeMuro, and that alone completely discouraged me from even going the 4C route although it looks amazing. Giulia QV is it!

Just make sure you get some seat time.

One thing that might stand out to you is its value, i have a feeling the QV will hold value well over time,

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have been seeing a lot of disappointing reviews on the 4C, the main one from Doug DeMuro, and that alone completely discouraged me from even going the 4C route although it looks amazing. Giulia QV is it!

Just make sure you get some seat time.

One thing that might stand out to you is its value, i have a feeling the QV will hold value well over time,
Honestly depreciation is the one thing that scares me about the QV. I've heard Alfa is one of the worst brands when it come to depreciation in Europe. I'm leaning towards a lease just so I do to have to carry the depreciation over time. That and if it turns out the quality concerns are true I can just walk away from it after 3 years.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had to go through the same dilemma. I've owned the 4C LE, loved it and actually cried deep inside when the time came to leave her and pull away with giulia. Giulia is twice the car that 4C was, has everything that you would technically want except that Ferrari Supercar look that turns everyone's heads. I have not seen many people pay attention to giulia, so far it seems invisible....its rare...at least for now it's as rare as a 4C LE. I'd say yes...do it, you will love it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Apples and Oranges

I own a 4C for 10 months now as a DD and really do love this car. Cannot make up my mind if I should replace my 4C with the Quadrifoglio when it arrives to the USA by end of this year hopefully. P.S. cannot afford both:frown2:
You'll have to test drive the Quadrifoglio. To me it is lots of fun, and a much different experience than 4C.

4c: Raw, true sports car, exotic sights and sounds, you're inside a machine, sensation of speed, head-turner, unique.

QV: Sophisticated experience, spacious, comfort, sensation of power, probably improved safety, practical (?!), better for lots of miles, certainly more of what many people want for not much more cost than the 4C.

The differences are more important than the similarities -- I would select which category (Super Sedan or True Sports Car) is better for you without tormenting yourself too much thinking about these two fabulous cars.

·
Registered
418 Posts
You'll have to test drive the Quadrifoglio. To me it is lots of fun, and a much different experience than 4C.

4c: Raw, true sports car, exotic sights and sounds, you're inside a machine, sensation of speed, head-turner, unique.

QV: Sophisticated experience, spacious, comfort, sensation of power, probably improved safety, practical (?!), better for lots of miles, certainly more of what many people want for not much more cost than the 4C.

The differences are more important than the similarities -- I would select which category (Super Sedan or True Sports Car) is better for you without tormenting yourself too much thinking about these two fabulous cars.
Very well put. I agree

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Having owned my 4C two years and 24,000 miles now, and test driving a Giulia QV the other day... I don't see a fair comparison. The 4C is a purist's sport car and the Giulia is a high-performance saloon. It's apples and oranges.

I think that ultimately, it's an individual thing based on desire and need. Of course finance and justification need to be included.

For most, the 4C isn't practical. There's no storage. For me, it works quite well. My intent is to keep here as my daily fore the rest of my life.

For me and my wife, a sedan (saloon) of any class would be the extra car that sits around seldom used.

The kid grew up and moved out. My wife retired. Her daily is a Fiat 500 C, top down in good weather. My daily is the 4C. I've got a big ugly truck to haul stuff like my race car. As much as we would like a Giulia, it's a hard thing to justify. My dealer has made me a deal that's hard to turn down, and we haven't said yes, yet.

·
Vendor
619 Posts
I love, no correct that, Adore the 4C, it is a fantastic car, definitely one that most likely will not be produced again.

However they are truly apples to oranges in comparison, both are incredibly good drivers cars but both have a different focus and feel.

As a daily driver the QV will be more comfortable but it does lack some(not all) of the visceral and sports car "pureness" of the 4C.

Its a 4dr sedan with unorthodox styling, performance dedication but yet still has an Aura of comfort, luxury and practicality. Its in a league of its own compared to other similarly priced options.

The best way to put it, in my eyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts