Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Actually this is an interesting question. I wonder if FCA will look at entering Alfa into something like the WEC? WEC is more sportscar racing however and maybe not the best fit, plus they already have Ferrari, but we're talking about growing something right. Even the Pirelli World Championship, Acura runs their TLX there for marketing purposes, I could see alfa doing the same...

DTM would be interesting as their now unified with the Japanese Super GT series, they're supposed to begin racing together next year I believe... would be great marketing aganst BMW, Audi and Merc...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually this is an interesting question. I wonder if FCA will look at entering Alfa into something like the WEC? WEC is more sportscar racing however and maybe not the best fit, plus they already have Ferrari, but we're talking about growing something right. Even the Pirelli World Championship, Acura runs their TLX there for marketing purposes, I could see alfa doing the same...

DTM would be interesting as their now unified with the Japanese Super GT series, they're supposed to begin racing together next year I believe... would be great marketing aganst BMW, Audi and Merc...
Considering Alfa Romeo's very tight budget, I hope they don't spend money on racing just yet. Once the company is hopefully stable in 5 years or so, with several models generating sales, then I'd welcome a return to competitive events.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Considering Alfa Romeo's very tight budget, I hope they don't spend money on racing just yet. Once the company is hopefully stable in 5 years or so, with several models generating sales, then I'd welcome a return to competitive events.
fair point, although sergio has shown he has no problem raiding the coffers of FCAs other brands to feed Alfa. In the name of marketing he may just justify exactly that. Hey he wants AR to be Audi, a big part of how Audi became who they are today is the success of their motorsport program.

For visibility DTM would be great to show especially fickle European audiences that Alfa runs with the big boys...

·
Registered
420 Posts
Finding some way to add that racing involvement into road cars could help to serve them well, using it to their advantage with direction consumer engagement. I think Honda does that and just about everywhere i've seen them do this it draws a massive crowd.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts