Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today I received three big packages. Inside and packed very well was my new Remus exhaust that I will put on my QV this week.

Super excited as I love how the motor sounds and now it will be louder. Also supposed to give me about 11hp and some extra torque. Exhaust pipe is up from 65 mm to 70 mm. It looks thick in person. Remus is known for good fitment so I'm hoping it will be easy.

I got the one that works off the vacuum pipe valves. There's one you can get that is electronically controlled with your smart phone or something like that but I don't need it. So it will open up wide and loud in race mode only unless I want to bypass it like I already did with my stock in system and then it's loud all the time. Will be louder in both quiet mode and loud mode. You can see from the one photo light coming through the hole so it's just a direct bypass in that muffler in Race mode. I hope it's loud!!

I went all out and got the stainless steel tips with carbon fiber. Should look awesome..... should sound even awesomer!!!

Can't wait to hear my new orchestra in full affect.

Will try to post some sound files later.

Attachments

·
Registered
576 Posts
Post a video once it's on the car.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Very interested to hear your review of it first-hand once installed.

Checked out the YouTube video of the exhaust, but I know it will sound different in real life, much louder I imagine.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Curious what type of stainless was used for the piping. Do me a favor and see if a magnet is attracted to the various sections?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm eager to hear your thoughts on real life vs. YouTube audio quality. What I heard on-line wasn't enough to make me pull the trigger and I couldn't tell if that was by their design or the lack of depth in the audio recording.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Al, you really need to spend more $$ on your hobby... your cars must feel a bit neglected.
)
I consider my two Alfas as beautiful exotic women........still think I spend too much on them?

Really just: lowered springs, Air filter, ECU tune and now an exhaust. That's not too much. And you add up my mods with my purchase price it is still a huge bargain compared to other exotic cars. That's one of the reasons I bought it.

Yes I've spent my fair share on consumables like brakes and tires........hey these women like their shoes! But they have given me a **** of a ride and put some big smiles on my face several times so what can I say?

I'm done with the mods now anyway. Maybe a second set of wheels with slicks for the five or six times a year I plan to track this car. And I'll probably come up with some type of air cooling for the front brakes. But that will be it and I'm very happy now.

Did the install on the exhaust today and it sounds insane!!!!! It is a Ferrari motor that now sounds like a Ferrari! Will go for a drive tomorrow and try to get a sound video out.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Very nice...

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like a nice fit....interesting to hear the sound in "D" and "R"..
I haven't heard it under load yet as I have not driven the car because it's not completely finished. But I suspect under load it will sound even better.

Biggest thing is when you put it in race mode the sound dips down a couple octaves. It is very noticeable and quite a bit deeper and louder in Race mode which is just what I wanted. Not boomy at all. Sounds like a Ferrari now.

·
Vendor
186 Posts
Today I received three big packages. Inside and packed very well was my new Remus exhaust that I will put on my QV this week.
Glad to hear the boxes got to you so fast and thanks for the very thorough un-crating and on the lift installation photos!
Very nice to get this first USA system documented and on your car.

Everyone stay tuned for some more video's as we document the sound. Cheers, Matt

·
Vendor
186 Posts
I haven't heard it under load yet as I have not driven the car because it's not completely finished. But I suspect under load it will sound even better.

Biggest thing is when you put it in race mode the sound dips down a couple octaves. It is very noticeable and quite a bit deeper and louder in Race mode which is just what I wanted. Not boomy at all. Sounds like a Ferrari now.
Here is the first quick clip of the car at idle just after install.

BTW, the exhaust's do "season" some as they break-in. I like to describe it as cooking with a cast iron skillet, they get better with use!

The system in race mode has a very crisp and purposeful sound to it.

https://vimeo.com/233601225

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Here is the first quick clip of the car at idle just after install.

BTW, the exhaust's do "season" some as they break-in. I like to describe it as cooking with a cast iron skillet, they get better with use!

The system in race mode has a very crisp and purposeful sound to it.

https://vimeo.com/233601225
Oh my car is so dirty from the shop! Please excuse!

We will have a better sound clip soon
And she'll be all cleaned up and looking so gooood.......while sounding so baaad!

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Looks and sounds great so far. Can't wait to hear it under load. Might have to pull the trigger on one myself.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
A few sound videos of the car standing still with new Remus exhaust. Both from inside and outside the car.
In both clips first I rev the motor in dynamic mode and then I rev it race mode. Car is well warmed up.

When I switch into race mode you can hear the exhaust deepen in tone as the exhaust valve flaps open.

It's a great sound in both positions. Race mode is quite a bit louder. In race mode as you're driving down the street you can hear it so it's nice you can put it in dynamic or natural and it is still quiet without exhaust sound much at all. Of course that's without your foot into the gas. With your foot into the gas you hear it well in both modes. No drone sound at all just beautiful sounds.

For take off and drive by sounds car is too hot for street videos. I have to wait until I go to the racetrack this Sunday. I tried to do some videos but the car just spins the tires all the way into third gear even without any launch. Just stepping hard on the gas and the tires just smoke up so it's too much for a street video and that's with 305 width rear tires, 20mm wider than the stock 285s. Note I do have the Eurocompulson ECU tune on it and an air filter. So with the tune, air filter and now exhaust I'm at about 625HP. Car is really fast now! If I punch it at 30 mph now rear tires just start and stay spinning well into third gear.

Now the Ferrari motor sounds even more like a Ferrari.

https://youtu.be/QsiAs5dNv-M

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thanks for posting, sounds mean!

How would you describe the difference in sound versus the stock exhaust? To me it sounds more rough/raw and louder from the video at least.

Can you please post a video from inside the car and under load, just at 3/4 or half throttle, whatever is needed to just keep in traction.

Also, some gear changing exhaust pops into 2nd and 3rd please!

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Thanks for posting, sounds mean!

How would you describe the difference in sound versus the stock exhaust? To me it sounds more rough/raw and louder from the video at least.

Can you please post a video from inside the car and under load, just at 3/4 or half throttle, whatever is needed to just keep in traction.

Also, some gear changing exhaust pops into 2nd and 3rd please!
Thanks it's hard to do justice with this video clip of the car standing still. But under full load the sound is really great but car is pretty slippery and I don't want to drive like that on the city streets or post any video of that. I tried to do one on the street but it was crazy tires spinning all the way into third gear. Normally a car with this much power in a rear wheel drive I'm worried about power induced oversteer and the rear end swinging out wildly but that torque vectoring differential really makes it smooth and predictable. This Sunday I'll be at an airstrip and will be able to have some nice under load videos. I should be able to have some gear pops another noises you want I'll do the best I can. Also it will be an autocross so they'll be varying throttle positions and it all will be in race mode.

It's not a crazy loud exhaust so cruising on the freeway in dynamic or natural mode you can't really hear the exhaust just like stock so it's still a really nice quiet car and less you get into it. In race mode on the freeway now you can hear the exhaust a bit, but who drives in race mode on the freeway haha! Guilty!!!

It's noticeably louder in both modes it has. Biggest thing I notice is in under load it is quite deep and raspy. Not quite true Ferrari raspy but getting close!

You can go to the Alfa9 website where I bought it they have a pretty good write up about it. Also I'm sending Matt some videos he's going to edit and make some nice presentation videos soon.

http://www.alfa9supply.com/giulia-exhaust/remus-quadrifoglio

I was really impressed with everything so far. It was packed extremely well, the build looks amazing and the fitment was very good. Just look at the build quality versus the stock exhaust on the ground in my photo. Seems to be a thicker stainless steel and have better bracing. And no it's not magnetic and from what I know magnetic stainless steel is an inferior quality. This seems top notch .

I also just noticed that the stock exhaust has a quite smaller diameter pipe for the quieter mode pipe coming from the muffler. But the Remus exhaust has the same large 70 mm piping throughout.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
I confess everything

Sounds like a Ferrari now.
Statements like that were used during the inquisition to inflict maximum discomfort and extract truth! (I broke down after only a few readings and ordered my own bit of stainless steel truth.)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts