Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1. Christmas in July!

2. Lifted using the proper jack points and proper ******* stands.

3. Started by loosening the front clamp to that connects the axle back section to the cat back section and the front hanger.

4. Removed the back plastic section that covers the stock resonator. Then I removed the 4 torx screws to the rear diffuser and loosened it a bit. Removing the rear diffuser probably would have made removal of the stock resonator easier, but it's not necessary.

5. Now I disconnected the front section. Removing the resonator section was a challenge but with some wiggling and elbow grease it falls to the ground.

6. Install the Remus resonator section first; it is smaller than stock and much easier to manuver.

7. The front of the pipe section has a sleeve hidden inside. Remove the clamp, loosen and remove the sleeve. I used a hammer and "tapped" the inside to loosen things up. With a rubber mallet, attached the sleeve to the cat back section first then slide the pipe over the sleeve, check that the pipe lines up with the hanger and the end lines up with resonator before tightening the front clamp. The resonator and pipe are mated with another clamp.

8. Knock rear diffuser back into place and replace the 4 torx screws. Reattach the rear back plastic bit that covers the resonator.

Attachments

Reactions: Denis85 and juz

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Very pleased with my initial test drive of Remus axle back system with resonator. Adds a nice growl at RPMs up to 2k and mellows out to where it's barely noticeable at highway speeds. What's most noticeable and pleasing is now I can really hear the automatic downshifts. I think it's right where I want to be for my Ti. Might not be enough noise for some but since it's only the axle back it's a good starting point.

Cold start sound:

Warmed Up:

Reactions: Denis85
1 - 5 of 5 Posts