Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!

Anyone have any experience with the axle-back only offering from REMUS? I've read several comments on the non-resonated + axle-back but nothing really on just the axle back. TIA!!!

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I just bought Ragazzon axle back (will keep stock resonated pipe for now)...should have similar result and sound as Remus, will update once it arrives and is installed

·
Registered
270 Posts
I just bought Ragazzon axle back (will keep stock resonated pipe for now)...should have similar result and sound as Remus, will update once it arrives and is installed
Brother would love to see and hear this in person. I am just west of DC. Once you get installed would you be cool with a meet up. I am trying to narrow my choices on exhaust and nothing compares to hearing it in person.

Cheers
TK

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Brother would love to see and hear this in person. I am just west of DC. Once you get installed would you be cool with a meet up. I am trying to narrow my choices on exhaust and nothing compares to hearing it in person.

Cheers
TK
Sure TK...may take a while since it is supposed to arrive next week when I am in middle east...still not sure yet where to take it to install it either

·
Registered
79 Posts
Greetings!

Anyone have any experience with the axle-back only offering from REMUS? I've read several comments on the non-resonated + axle-back but nothing really on just the axle back. TIA!!!
I have a REMUS axle-back with the carbon tips and I'm very happy with it. The tone is slightly different, a little sharper. In normal mode with the flaps closed I don't hear the exhaust in the cabin, but when the flaps open it's only a little louder than stock which is what I wanted.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a REMUS axle-back with the carbon tips and I'm very happy with it. The tone is slightly different, a little sharper. In normal mode with the flaps closed I don't hear the exhaust in the cabin, but when the flaps open it's only a little louder than stock which is what I wanted.
Thanks for sharing. How does it sound on cold-start? I'll be pairing this with the V2 intake option so a quieter exhaust option is welcomed.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Sure TK...may take a while since it is supposed to arrive next week when I am in middle east...still not sure yet where to take it to install it either
No worries and be safe over there. I have heard really good things about PT Tuning in Manassas. Have not personally talked to the shop but word of mouth is good.

Cheers
TK

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks for sharing. How does it sound on cold-start? I'll be pairing this with the V2 intake option so a quieter exhaust option is welcomed.
You will notice cold starts more, it's louder obviously, but not bad. This is my daily driver and 2nd family car so if it was too loud I wouldn't keep it on.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Can anyone with the REMUS axle back system please post sound clips? I’m about to order one but I’d love to hear what it sounds like first. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
No worries and be safe over there. I have heard really good things about PT Tuning in Manassas. Have not personally talked to the shop but word of mouth is good.

Cheers
TK
Exhaust arrived, am just waiting for reducer that is coming tomorrow....beautifully made, 304 SS, tips are fantastic.....will probably have it installed next week at dealer....then will try to get some clips done....

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
Exhaust arrived, am just waiting for reducer that is coming tomorrow....beautifully made, 304 SS, tips are fantastic.....will probably have it installed next week at dealer....then will try to get some clips done....

Cant wait to hear it. What dealer are you going to use?

·
Registered
1,569 Posts

Cant wait to hear it. What dealer are you going to use?
I am just going to go to my usual in Tysons, their service has been pleasant experience so far

·
Registered
270 Posts
I am just going to go to my usual in Tysons, their service has been pleasant experience so far
I use the same dealer. Mine has been there for about a week and a half. Camera in window had issues and they have been working hard to get the system to align. Discovered they have to rent a highly expensive tool to make it happen. Bill and Mason are phenomenal. I asked them about warranty and exhaust and they said no issue behind the cat. Then said they had someone coming in soon to have an axle back installed and I assumed that was yours. Looking forward to hearing it

·
Registered
386 Posts
I've just ordered a Veloce (Ti or Ti Sport over there), which I'm picking up from the dealer in Melbourne next week,
and I'm tossing up whether to get the Remus Axle Back exhaust. It's nearly 2k fitted here so it's a bit of an investment. I don't want petrolhead loud while idling, but want some rasp under acceleration/aggressive. It sounds from research it could be what I'm looking for? Would love to hear any sound clips you guys might have!

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I use the same dealer. Mine has been there for about a week and a half. Camera in window had issues and they have been working hard to get the system to align. Discovered they have to rent a highly expensive tool to make it happen. Bill and Mason are phenomenal. I asked them about warranty and exhaust and they said no issue behind the cat. Then said they had someone coming in soon to have an axle back installed and I assumed that was yours. Looking forward to hearing it
Had it installed locally, Alfa did not return my calls on Friday:( tried to make a clip but it doesnt sound anything like in real life lol....overall sound is much deeper, guttural with gargling and burbling, it does roar at full throttle but is otherwise not much louder than stock (that is with stock midsection)....guess you will have to hear at Katies over weekend

·
Vendor
186 Posts
The Axle-Back on the 2.0 is not an overly loud system. It's meant to be just a little more tonal than stock.

When you go to removing the center muffler with the cat-back, that's when you start to hear more volume.

And of course, open "race", well you know that's loud!

·
Registered
386 Posts
I ended up with the Remus cat back and it has a lovely note. Very happy and the neighbors are fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts