Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed when autocrossing that the driver's side grab handle hits my helmet. It was a little irritating, then very irritating. So I planned to remove it and cover the holes. I used some sheet aluminium and cut the size to cover the hole. Glued on black fabric and then glued a little make shift bracket out of aluminium. It sits in the hole with enough pressure to keep it in.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Added bonus of weight reduction to boot!!! Might want to remove the other side to not risk any imbalance side to side.:wink2:

Seriously though I could see those being a annoying clanging against a helmet...

·
Premium Member
2018 QV
188 Posts
...Glued on black fabric and then glued a little make shift bracket out of aluminium. It sits in the hole with enough pressure to keep it in.
How did you remove the handle? I pulled off the clips today but could quite figure out how to get the handle off.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How did you remove the handle? I pulled off the clips today but could quite figure out how to get the handle off.
It's been a while, but I think it just takes a sharp tug to remove it. I don't remember it being particularly difficult.

Reactions: IppoJ
1 - 4 of 4 Posts