Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Yeah, that'd be nice. It's just a momentary switch, so from a technical perspective, it shouldn't be hard to rewire for the disable. I'm not terribly skilled at pulling apart switches, however (though I've done it), so I'll leave that to someone else to figure out, or better yet, to do for me!

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
The info is a bit sketchy though..... It's all about the quadrifoglio, and seems to be part of a tuning package.
In addition, start/stop is disabled on the quadrifoglio in race mode anyway, so the disable function is already potentially there.....
Different on the "standard" models.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Removing start stop is probably as simple as changing couple of bits in coding....if you have the right tool...bmw/audi world has been doing it for years in aftermarket...this platform is just too new...audi/bmw world has a whole coding community out there....because they sell so many cars there is also wide availability of aftermarket coding tools at more reasonable prices

·
Registered
693 Posts
Has anybody tried the multiecuscan tool for this? The list of supported functions says that it supports parameter setting for the Body Control Module (BCM) this is the module that reads the Auto Start / Stop button press.

Bosch Motronic MeD17.3.5 CF6 Injection (2.9 V6, Primary, Cyl. 1-2-3) |INFO|DTC|DTC EX|PRM|ACT|ADJ| ELM
Bosch Motronic MeD17.3.5 CF6 Injection (2.9 V6, Secondary, Cyl. 4-5-6) |INFO|DTC|DTC EX|PRM|ACT|ADJ| ELM
Service Interval Reset |INFO|DTC|PRM|ADJ| ELM
Service Interval Reset |INFO|DTC|PRM|ADJ| ELM
Instrument Panel Continental |INFO|DTC|DTC EX|PRM|ACT|ADJ| ELM
Body Computer Marelli (952) |INFO|DTC|DTC EX|PRM|ACT|ADJ| ELM
CAN Setup / PROXI Alignment Procedure (952) |INFO|ADJ| ELM
CAN Setup / PROXI Alignment Procedure (952) |INFO|ADJ| ELM
Comfort seat and wheel (CSWM) |INFO|DTC|DTC EX|PRM|ACT| ELM A5

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Has anybody tried the multiecuscan tool for this? The list of supported functions says that it supports parameter setting for the Body Control Module (BCM) this is the module that reads the Auto Start / Stop button press.
Currently functionality is still limited, work in progress.....
see

Attachments

·
Registered
'17 Ti Sport Q4 w/ Active Shocks & LSD
805 Posts
As an example, here's a screendump for the Alfa Giulietta, showing the start/stop function :
are these screenshots from MULTIECUSCAN tool display. please elaborate.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
are these screenshots from MULTIECUSCAN tool display. please elaborate.
yes. You can download the tool for free, and use it in simulator mode without the need to actualy connect to a car to see the possibilities.....
http://www.multiecuscan.net/Default.aspx

However, as said, for the giulia there is still a lot that needs to be added.

I have a paid version which I used for my previous Alfa, a 147 GTA.

·
Registered
693 Posts
yes. You can download the tool for free, and use it in simulator mode without the need to actualy connect to a car to see the possibilities.....
http://www.multiecuscan.net/Default.aspx

However, as said, for the giulia there is still a lot that needs to be added.

I have a paid version which I used for my previous Alfa, a 147 GTA.
The supported functions table on that page says that "CAN modules diagnostics" is not supported in the free version. Could that be why they are not showing for the Giulia? Or do functions showed up grayed out in the free version when they're not available?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Very cool Keep at it.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
The supported functions table on that page says that "CAN modules diagnostics" is not supported in the free version. Could that be why they are not showing for the Giulia? Or do functions showed up grayed out in the free version when they're not available?
Functions always show up, if available. Just some functions cannot be used in the free version, however, can always be used in "simulator" mode for look and feel ....
If a function is not there, it's not implemented yet..... The developer is continuously adding to the tool though, as you can see in the history.
I'm hoping a lot more will be available in the next version. I've always used the tool on my previous Alfa, and liked it a lot, also because you can exercise a lot of the actuators per computer for testing etc. and it's fairly cheap

1 - 15 of 15 Posts