Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Giulia comes wrapped in protective packing materials from Italy. Some tape stickiness remains on the paint after the car is cleaned up. How do you remove the haze left by the tape?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Goo gone, tooth brush, paper towel. Maybe a credit card scraper too. Go slow light touch.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Adhesive remover and a microfiber towel will make it quick and easy. The Adhesive might leave a light haze after, just use a polish by hand and buff it off. Pretty easy. Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
OK Kanundrum, maybe I was thinking of the dreaded sticky gooey Ferrari interior plastic finish? (You need Greased Lightning, not goo gone for that) But seriously the mild citric acid in goo gone is not going to etch the paint any more than bird poop would. Just don't leave it on there for a week. And don't take a week and a perfectly good microfiber towel to wait for your alcohol to work either. ;) Microfiber towels are washable and reusable, when used with detail spray and wax. Tape adhesive, not so much.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, those are all good products I too would have considered using, plus WD40. The auto transporter was suppose to pick up the new Giulia today to deliver to me, but the driver refused to load it due to the hazy residual marks left by the packing tape. I'm noting this list of cleaning agents to the dealer for him to clean it up.

·
Vendor
619 Posts
They make clear-coat safe adhesive remover. That and a soft microfiber towel is the best solution.

Isopropyl Alcohol is also good, make sure its a high Alcohol content 90%+.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Take it straight to a REALLY good detailer and have them clean it, light polish and ceramic coat (or similar) it ASAP. Especially if you are buying and not leasing (with intent of turning it in in 24-36 months). If you are going to put a clear bra on it, do that BEFORE the ceramic coat.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Klasse All-in-One takes it right off and leaves a great shine too. Follow up with the other Klasse wax in the kit. No better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts