Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Ti and want to add some sound deadening to the doors, but I can not find a diagram or a video showing how to remove the internal door card. I appreciate if anyone had any information and any thoughts on how hard it would be to remove.

Thanks,
thesach

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One more question do you know what type of screw they are on the doors because I am not sure if I have the tool needed.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Those links are great, thanks. It looks like there may be many more diagrams on that site but I can't access them. I get a message saying I do not have sufficient privileges or I get redirected to a site called kpn.com. Do you know how we can access home.planet.nl website to see the entire list of what diagrams are there?

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Those links are great, thanks. It looks like there are a lot more on that site but I can't access them. I get a message saying I do not have sufficient privileges. Do you know how we can home.planet.nl website to see the entire list of what diagrams are on the site?
you can't, it's my personal site, and you can only access specific (named) documents ;)
I took a 3 day subscription on the mopar tech website, there's a lot you can find there ..... :)
https://www.techauthority.com/en-us/
https://www.techauthority.com/en-us/products/?category=1

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is weird that it does not tell you what kind of bolt is used. It looks like a torque/star bolt but cannot tell what size. I probably need to buy a set of torque wrenches.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
It is weird that it does not tell you what kind of bolt is used. It looks like a torque/star bolt but cannot tell what size. I probably need to buy a set of torque wrenches.
it's probably torx, used quite a lot on other Alfa's .....
only mention I see is SCREW,M6X18
It's probably a good idea to get a set of torx screwdrivers, as it will probably come in handy for other work on the Alfa ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I’m also planning to upgrade the speakers in my Giulia - so many thanks for your links to the door assembly. Only thing I’m curious about before I’m going to install the new speakers is the speaker connectors - do you by any means know what kind of connectors to use for the speakers in the doors and the front tweeters?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Hi,

I’m also planning to upgrade the speakers in my Giulia - so many thanks for your links to the door assembly. Only thing I’m curious about before I’m going to install the new speakers is the speaker connectors - do you by any means know what kind of connectors to use for the speakers in the doors and the front tweeters?
There are several threads on speaker replacement.
If it is not done correctly, a fault icon will appear on the IP.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for the answer - all I was asking for was what kind of connectors that are used for the speakers - don't worry about errors. I'm an Auto Electrical Engineer and I got a degree in Electronic Engineering - but still It'll be easier to buy the connectors before I start removing the old speakers.
Actually I'm installing a Helix V Eight DSP with eight new Focal speakers and a special designed subwoofer in the trunk - that should hopefully work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A few days ago I removed the door panel. But then I discovered that there is an "second" door panel, with also the "window drive system" in it. Can someone explain how to remove that, in a good way?

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for the answer - all I was asking for was what kind of connectors that are used for the speakers - don't worry about errors. I'm an Auto Electrical Engineer and I got a degree in Electronic Engineering - but still It'll be easier to buy the connectors before I start removing the old speakers.
Actually I'm installing a Helix V Eight DSP with eight new Focal speakers and a special designed subwoofer in the trunk - that should hopefully work.

Oh, you need to be dual degreed for this project. Software Engineer as well:grin2: And speak Italiano

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Link is not working... any updated link?

Thanks!
Try these for a guide:
Front door

Rear door:

As well as:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Try these for a guide:
Front door

Rear door:

As well as: