It's not turbo lag that is the target of the product. Some people have a real lag in the throttle input that can be minimized by using a device like this. It's not criminal.Lag is the intrinsic nature of any turbo engine. Hoping that adding a device to the gas pedal will remove the initial lag is just silly. Marketing such device is dishonest and possibly criminal.
We have covered this many times. There is an artificial lag on the pedal introduced by the electronics, and you can test that easily by verifying how quickly the engine reacts to a small tap of the accelerator in A, N and D mode. A reacts in over half second, D manual in much less.Lag is the intrinsic nature of any turbo engine. Hoping that adding a device to the gas pedal will remove the initial lag is just silly. Marketing such device is dishonest and possibly criminal.
mikoz,So far it has been fine. Minor speed bump.
Their support was willing to answer emails after hours, but to me some of the processes aren’t clear and there are a few IT issues that need to be fixed.
but water under the bridge now, tomorrow I can actually try the product.
Registering / logging in to your account:
We will work with our team here to see how we can make that a bit clearer.With the new MADNESS GOPedal, you will be required to register an account. This allows us to send you remote updates directly to your GOPedal if needed and allows for a more detailed report if you experience any issues with your GOPedal.
You will be greeted with a prompt to login or register an account when you open the MADNESS GOPedal App.
If you are registering a new account, click the "Register" button on the app. You will be sent a confirmation e-mail. Please confirm your account prior to continuing the pairing process.
Once your e-mail is confirmed, open the GOPedal App again and you will be able to login.
When opening the GOPedal App, you will be able to click the "Login" button.
Enter your e-mail address and password to login.
Glad you were able to get everything working!
We were unfortunately closed during your initial e-mail communication and this post being replied to, however, I believe one of our team members did their best to assist during off hours.
To recap on your concerns:
1. website does not work with firefox: cannot login... chrome does work
Our IT Department will be replying to your e-mail one more time to figure out exactly what login you are referring to.
2. apparently your login on the website is NOT the same login as the app.
3. trying to use my website login on your app produces an error which makes no sense, it reports "failed for other reasons". Apparently you have to make a NEW login just for this. This was not at all obvious to me.
4. trying to reset my password from the app causes an error
You are correct.
We try to clearly list this in our instructions on the description.
We will work with our team here to see how we can make that a bit clearer.
5. trying to submit a web inquiry does not work, email does
We did receive your e-mail inquiry from our website. We will work with our IT Department to see how we can make sure you receive proper confirmation that your e-mail went through.
6. the webpage discusses two completely different apps and products on the SAME page, it's unclear which is to be used (there's a GoPedal and GoPedal Plus app and BOTH are discussed on the same webpage in the details of the product I purchased).
We will review the descriptions and double check this for you to make it a little more clear. We are phasing out the GOPedal Plus so this will not be an issue moving forward.
7. the PIN code shipped with the piece of paper in the box is not correct
We apologize if the PIN code was incorrect on the piece of paper. Perhaps our shipping department sent the wrong paper with your order. We will make sure that our team double checks this moving forward so this is not an issue.
Yes, I appreciated the after-hour email reply.
Some replies below:
1. goto MADNESS Autoworks - MADNESS Autoworks - Auto Parts and Accessories using Firefox/Win10, click login, enter your password. You do not show up as logged in. Repeat with Chrmoe... works
2. It wasn't obvious to me that the password required for the gopedal is different than the password i use on the website. Maybe it is to others, but even reading your text it's still not obvious.. to me. Even if that were the case, the app throws weird and non helpful error messages that don't help the situation.
In addition, I found anpother issue:
+ My previous order is not showing up in the orders list, once logged in via Chrmoe.
Thank you for that information. We will look into it.
Regarding your previous order, it appears that when you placed your initial order, you were not logged in so your order is not linked to your profile.
I have manually linked your order to your account. You should be able to access it through your account now!
Please let me know if you have any other questions!
Mike,well, I thought I was logged in... see problem #1
I didn't discover that it doesn't actually log in you with firefox until yesterday.
PK_GiulaQuad,Late to the party...but couldn't be happier with Madness GOPedal!!!!!
Just had exhaust valve control module and GOPedal installed yesterday at Madness Autoworks.
Verdict: Now this is what OEM QV should sound and feel like directly from the factory.
Exhaust Valve Control: Car sounded good from the beginning none the less but with the valve control I now have the ability to make it always sound awesome in all driving modes.
GOPedal: This is the game changer. In Sport +2 setting on GOPedal (with drive-mode selector in N) car feels like it's in Dynamic mode prior to GOPedal. But most of all, that horrible lag at throttle tip-in is now GONE. I briefly tried Sport +2 (with DNA in D) and car is now a beast to drive. I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm just too chicken to put the DNA selector in Race just yet....because that's how strong and quick the car responds to throttle input now. I can't imagine how the car would be like in Race +3 and with DNA also in Race!
With this GOPedal I feel this is how the QV should be in the first place and finally deserving the Alfa Romeo name and clover-leaf badge.
Thank you Madness Autoworks for having a such wonderful product that allows me to enjoy my QV the way it should be experienced in the first place.