Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

81 - 100 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
I recently got the go pedal plus and it would be nice if there was a write up on what things mean in the individual settings.
TheSach,

I'm going to copy in a segment from an email I'd sent to another Giulia customer some time back.

Imagine the X axis as pedal position, with the left side corresponding to 0% pedal input to 100% input on the right.
Imagine the Y axis as throttle application, with the bottom corresponding to 0% throttle body input and 100% (full throttle) up top.

Therefore if desired, one could sandbag a car (for the novice driver) by limiting throttle application to a max of 60% at 100% pedal travel. Conversely, you could turn your throttle pedal into an on-off switch by setting everything to 100%. I don't recommend that.

Anyway, hope this simple diagram helps.

------------------------------------------------

Linear response on the pedal would be something like this:

1 --- 2 --- 3 --- 4 --- 5
20 - 40 - 60 - 80 - 100

-------------------------------------------------

Some manufacturers taper response to something like this by default, for gas saving purposes (or to drum up the drama of OEM Sport settings. On some vehicles, I genuinely believe that OEM Sport is just a reconfiguring of the pedal to linear.

10 - 30 - 50 - 70 - 100

A manufacturer's "Sport Setting" is different with every OEM, but the better ones seem something like this -

20 - 50 - 70 - 90 - 100

A setting like this would be the equivalent of our classic GoPedal's Sport Plus, +3 Setting. Think of it as hoon mode. Probably a bit much for the car and TPS sensors. May trip an ignition-resolvable CEL on the Giulia in Dynamic or on the 4C, but would make an Auto 124 Spider laughably fun.

20 - 50 - 80 - 100 - 100

Let me know if these diagrams make sense, and drop me a line via email if you have any other questions. Contact info is in my signature.

·
Registered
150 Posts
TheSach,

I'm going to copy in a segment from an email I'd sent to another Giulia customer some time back.

Imagine the X axis as pedal position, with the left side corresponding to 0% pedal input to 100% input on the right.

Imagine the Y axis as throttle application, with the bottom corresponding to 0% throttle body input and 100% (full throttle) up top.

Therefore if desired, one could sandbag a car (for the novice driver) by limiting throttle application to a max of 60% at 100% pedal travel. Conversely, you could turn your throttle pedal into an on-off switch by setting everything to 100%. I don't recommend that.

20 - 40 - 60 - 80 - 100

Some manufacturers taper response to something like this by default, for gas saving purposes (or to drum up the drama of OEM Sport settings. On some vehicles, I genuinely believe that OEM Sport is just a reconfiguring of the pedal to linear.

10 - 30 - 50 - 70 - 100

A manufacturer's "Sport Setting" is different with every OEM, but the better ones seem something like this -

20 - 50 - 70 - 90 - 100

A setting like this would be the equivalent of our classic GoPedal's Sport Plus, +3 Setting. Think of it as hoon mode. Probably a bit much for the car and TPS sensors. May trip an ignition-resolvable CEL on the Giulia in Dynamic or on the 4C, but would make an Auto 124 Spider laughably fun.

20 - 50 - 80 - 100 - 100

Let me know if these diagrams make sense, and drop me a line via email if you have any other questions. Contact info is in my signature.

Thank you this is perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
150 Posts
TheSach,

20 - 40 - 60 - 80 - 100

10 - 30 - 50 - 70 - 100

20 - 50 - 70 - 90 - 100

20 - 50 - 80 - 100 - 100

I think we need to start a new thread that starts with your above post and then people post what settings they like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
316 Posts
That's nice. This is a vendors' thread. Respect.
I'm use to a vendors' post to be replied with questions about the product/inquiring. No price bashing or negative posts. If you would like to start your own thread on how you dislike/so not approve please start your own thread. Please correct me if I'm wrong moderators'.
No negative comments in a vendor's thread? What kind of rule is that? Only POSITIVE comments allowed? At least now I know where NOT to come to learn which products are worthwhile and which are not.

·
Registered
119 Posts
No negative comments in a vendor's thread? What kind of rule is that? Only POSITIVE comments allowed? At least now I know where NOT to come to learn which products are worthwhile and which are not.
I think some of the QV users in this thread have been completely transparent about how the change to throttle mapping has been a little overwhelming in Dynamic and Race, especially on the higher settings with the pedal. We've actually taken a few units back. That's just how it goes. We appreciate the honest feedback, positive and negative - if something's not working, then I'd rather not offer it.

Our GOPedal isn't smoke and mirrors. It's a tangible change that some users have described as "a smoothing effect to power delivery" all the way out to "feels like the engine's trying to jump out of the hood". Somewhere in there, there's a sweet spot that matches your driving style.

I can't encourage potential users enough - why not just try out the product? We have a 30-day money back guarantee on our GOPedal. Should you decide that you're not a fan of the effect, you're out 15 minutes in install time and a USPS flat rate box to get it back to us. A change in throttle mapping isn't for everyone, but many of us genuinely feel it enhances the driving experience on the 2.0 models.

If there's anything I personally can do to help you make an educated and informed decision, I'm all ears. My direct line and email are in my signature.

·
Vendor
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Presenting the future of plug-in throttle pedal tuning for your Alfa Romeo Giulia. The MADNESS GOPedal!

Eliminate the inherent lag of the drive-by-wire system in the Giulia and improve the throttle response with one of our GOPedal units!

We have two different versions, the original GOPedal that uses a hardwired controller to change the various modes. Then we have the GOPedal Plus which you control via your phone or tablet.

Since there is no controller in Plus model you can achieve a truly stealth install. The GOPedal Plus also includes a few extra features such as the protect mode which will completely disable the throttle pedal. It also gives you the ability to set your own throttle map and save different maps for different occasions.

More information and pricing can be found on our website
https://madnessautoworks.com/index.php?route=product/search&keyword=gopedal

Let us know if you have any questions

·
Registered
333 Posts
Presenting the future of plug-in throttle pedal tuning for your Alfa Romeo Giulia. The MADNESS GOPedal!

Eliminate the inherent lag of the drive-by-wire system in the Giulia and improve the throttle response with one of our GOPedal units!

We have two different versions, the original GOPedal that uses a hardwired controller to change the various modes. Then we have the GOPedal Plus which you control via your phone or tablet.

Since there is no controller in Plus model you can achieve a truly stealth install. The GOPedal Plus also includes a few extra features such as the protect mode which will completely disable the throttle pedal. It also gives you the ability to set your own throttle map and save different maps for different occasions.

More information and pricing can be found on our website
https://madnessautoworks.com/index.php?route=product/search&keyword=gopedal

I have your ECM on my Stelvio, how will does it work with the ECM in all modes?

·
Vendor
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
The GOPedal will not interfere with the MAXpower if that is what you are getting at.

It doesn't add any power like the MAXPower does. The GOPedal interfaces with the throttle pedal and the Alfa ECU to remap the input seen by the ECU. The MAXpower and the GOPedal don't communicate or connect with each other in any way. They are two separate pieces that can complement each other when installed into the vehicle.

Hopefully, that answers your question.

·
Registered
456 Posts
One day with my GOPedal Plus, to and from work. LOVE IT! Turns N into D, which is perfect for my in-traffic driving. Stock N is not responsive enough but I didn't love the D shift logic/hard shifts when consricted by traffic. Also didn't love having to switch off the sport suspension setting each time I moved to D (which is wise on most Baltimore-area roads; mostly only use the stiff suspension on aggressive curves). Now with the GOPedal, N provides the responsiveness of D while retaining its milder shift logic and suspension. Perfect, just what I needed. Removed my only significant reservation about the car. No longer find myself wishing I had a manual, with the GOPedal ripping through the gears, especially in D, the car is sooo good.

·
Vendor
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
One day with my GOPedal Plus, to and from work. LOVE IT! Turns N into D, which is perfect for my in-traffic driving. Stock N is not responsive enough but I didn't love the D shift logic/hard shifts when consricted by traffic. Also didn't love having to switch off the sport suspension setting each time I moved to D (which is wise on most Baltimore-area roads; mostly only use the stiff suspension on aggressive curves). Now with the GOPedal, N provides the responsiveness of D while retaining its milder shift logic and suspension. Perfect, just what I needed. Removed my only significant reservation about the car. No longer find myself wishing I had a manual, with the GOPedal ripping through the gears, especially in D, the car is sooo good.
We are always glad to hear that someone is enjoying their GOPedal or any MADNESS product.

That more aggressive and responsive throttle feedback is exactly what we wanted to achieve with the GOPedal. Since you have the plus model you can also create your own custom maps for different occasions.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us.

·
Vendor
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #93 (Edited)
This review came to us today from a fellow owner and enthusiast in another group;

Ok, so, over the course of the last month or so, I've been tinkering with my vehicle. Over that course of time, I've installed new wheels, tires, HydroSilex ceramic coating, and, the GoPedal and Autoflash upgrades by Madness Autoworks. I installed the GoPedal about a week ago and drove my car pretty hard trying to get used to it. Hands down, I thought that was the best bang for the buck in terms of upgrades for my car. Let me explain:

What it does:
Allows you to tune your response when pressing the accelerator.
Gives you 9 different settings to dial in your accelerator response.
Makes your Renegade more responsive with less effort on the gas pedal.

What it doesn't do:
Give you more power.
Make your car faster.

The increased responsiveness was immediately noted when I set the unit to the Sport+ Mode on curve +3. It was WAY too responsive and found myself guzzling gas for the thrill it offered. I dialed it down to normal Sport mode, on Curve +2, and found it to be quite peppy when compared to stock. The problem with this setup alone is, the shift points are still way too timid. Even with the added responsiveness, the transmission would not downshift without a significant delay to make you take off with any more authority. This was especially noted at highway speeds. Everyone knows the issue where you hit the gas at 70 and try to pass someone... good luck, and, enjoy the wait. The GoPedal helped get more fuel to the engine faster by opening up the throttle body quicker, but, the transmission doesn't respond in kind. Overall, it is a very fun upgrade, especially for the average city driver.

After a week, and a short backorder from Madness, I received my Autoflash. Installed it in about 6 minutes, 5 of which is spent letting the motor idle to begin the learning process for the new map. I then took it out on a 70-mile run. This. This upgrade is what restored the ear to ear grin on my face for this vehicle. The shift points were MUCH more aggressive, and my delay was all but gone. When I hit the gas doing 70 to pass someone, I passed them with authority. I found the transmission shifting much more and utilizing a larger range of the gears. Gas mileage actually turned out to be better for the first tank that I ran through it. (+2 mpg). That aside, the fun was back in it. I felt like the motor finally woke up, and, I was able to use the power that was there.

Now, a little bit about myself: I am a guy who notices details...its what I do for a living. Whenever I get a car, I drive it with all sound systems noise turned off, so that I can get a feel for what it sounds like. I can usually tell when a car needs an oil change just by the sound of the motor. I've driven well north of 1 million miles in my lifetime and have owned over 20 different cars/trucks. I pay attention to detail.

That all being said, i notice a MUCH smoother shift in my vehicle with the autoflash map. When I want the car to get after it, it does, quickly. It doesn't create power that was never there in the first place, but, does open up what this vehicle can do. I am very happy with what the GoPedal and Autoflash offer the renegade. It was worth every penny, to me. The transmission now shifts when it shouldn't I don't find myself mashing the accelerator down hoping that the transmission delay was gone. I think that is where my MPG gains came from, actually.

More information can be found on our website
https://madnessautoworks.com/2018-Alfa Romeo-Giulia/start-shopping-cid1/performance-upgrades-cid3/alfa-romeo-giulia-madness-gopedal-plus-bluetooth-pid7526

·
Vendor
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Pep up the throttle response of your Alfa Romeo Giulia with a GOPedal Plus!

We took the original GOPedal and made it even better!

By removing the hardwired controller and switching to a bluetooth interface the GOPedal Plus is a completely invisible install! No one will ever know that you have it installed. Everything is hidden under the dashboard!

The Plus model also adds several new security features to the line up. With specific Valet/Kids modes and a Protect mode witch will completely disable the throttle. So even if someone gets into your Giulia they will not be able to move it!

More information can be found on our website
https://madnessautoworks.com/2018-Alfa Romeo-Giulia/start-shopping-cid1/performance-upgrades-cid3/alfa-romeo-giulia-madness-gopedal-plus-bluetooth-pid7526

Let us know if you have questions

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I have the BT version on my qv. It works great. Easy to install and affordable instant upgrade. The BT is easy to use with iPhone. Definitely works. Reduces lag by 90%. Worth every penny.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I ordered one for my QV I came from an e90 m3 so needless to say getting used to this throttle response has been a challenge.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Installed it... bluetooth is DOA. No instructions as to what the buttons do. Tried to use their website to file a support claim.. once you enter the "not a robot" code the website just clears all of your typing.

Not off to a good start at all.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Installed it... bluetooth is DOA. No instructions as to what the buttons do. Tried to use their website to file a support claim.. once you enter the "not a robot" code the website just clears all of your typing.

Not off to a good start at all.
Doesn’t this explain what the buttons do?

sounds like operator error.

i have the pure BT version, couldn’t be simpler.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Not operator error. I know how to link something via bluetooth. The webpage describes different apps to use FYI, it's not even consistent.

·
Registered
284 Posts
FWIW, I had problems getting the BT to work. And it wasn't just limited to the BT part of it. I am an engineer and design SW and HW for a living and even worked on the development of BT chips FYI.

Luckily support answered emails.

The summary of issues I had:
1. website does not work with firefox: cannot login... chrome does work
2. apparently your login on the website is NOT the same login as the app.
3. trying to use my website login on your app produces an error which makes no sense, it reports "failed for other reasons". Apparently you have to make a NEW login just for this. This was not at all obvious to me.
4. trying to reset my password from the app causes an error
5. trying to submit a web inquiry does not work, email does
6. the webpage discusses two completely different apps and products on the SAME page, it's unclear which is to be used (there's a GoPedal and GoPedal Plus app and BOTH are discussed on the same webpage in the details of the product I purchased).
7. the PIN code shipped with the piece of paper in the box is not correct
8. if you attempt to use the "contact us" webpage entry form wit firefox, after you enter the "not a robot code", it simply clears the entries and provides no acknowledgement of what happened... not sure if it went through or not. USe email or phone instead apparently.

So, maybe it's me... but I can't be the only one...

81 - 100 of 117 Posts