Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
That's a good idea. How did you realize that you were close to do that in those two occasions?. I recharge the battery with the trunk open. The trunk's light turns off at few minutes and there is no voltage consumed during the recharging. I've never backed out of the garage with the trunk open so, that works for me.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Had to put a remove before flight tag on my door handle to prevent backing out of the garage with the Battery Tender still hooked up. I almost did it twice...hence the remove before flight tag. View attachment 105266 View attachment 105267
I use the charging posts under the hood. Pretty hard to make a mistake since I can’t see my driveway with the hood raised.

Reactions: Theo and cqvd330

·
Registered
2018 QV
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a good idea. How did you realize that you were close to do that in those two occasions?. I recharge the battery with the trunk open. The trunk's light turns off at few minutes and there is no voltage consumed during the recharging. I've never backed out of the garage with the trunk open so, that works for me.
I got in and started the car the first time then realized it was hooked up. The second time I just got in and realized it was still hooked up. I didn’t want the third time to be the one I actually forgot. So hence the remove before flight tag.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I got in and started the car the first time then realized it was hooked up. The second time I just got in and realized it was still hooked up. I didn’t want the third time to be the one I actually forgot. So hence the remove before flight tag.
What do you do to remember to put the tag on? 😂

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
72 Posts
That’s a great idea! How many days do you go without driving it? I usually don’t go more than 2 days in a row without driving my QV.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
We have gone 3-4 weeks without starting with no issues (no battery charger either) on a 2yr old Interstate battery.

Reactions: Alfa Philly

·
Registered
555 Posts
I put a wheel chock on my driver's seat as a reminder to unhook my maintainer. I keep it along with all my parts for it in a case in my trunk, incase I am away and need a boost. I only use it when I am away for a week or so, 2018 OEM battery. 20K miles. NV

·
Registered
57 Posts
Great idea! My friend does the same thing but he attaches the tag to the steering wheel so it doesn't rub against the paint.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I personnally plug the battery tender from under the hood battery post terminals. This has me to leave the hood slightly open. Can’t miss it or forget it 😉

Reactions: wingler

·
Registered
6,434 Posts
So I'll bite: where do you find one of those tags for sale? It seems like such tags could be useful for a range of things.

I would think you could attach the tag to the charger after the charger is disconnected.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts