Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys not wasting anytime and getting the car completely wrapped. with the clear bra to protect the paint. the place that is doing it wants to remove the QV badges the wrap them separately. is this a good idea? and how about the front spitter how does he wrap that ? I'm nerves sorry had the car less then a week and not going to have for two days already have withdrawals .lol

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
hi guys not wasting anytime and getting the car completely wrapped. with the clear bra to protect the paint. the place that is doing it wants to remove the QV badges the wrap them separately. is this a good idea? and how about the front spitter how does he wrap that ? I'm nerves sorry had the car less then a week and not going to have for two days already have withdrawals .lol
Front splitter drops down with 2 13mm nuts removed. Don't remove the badges. They are Ceramic and may break... Or order some new ones just in case

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Yes! DO NOT remove the badges. That does not sound good. Ferrari wraps with Scuderia badges go around and do a nice tight tuck into the detent in the fender. A level edge should be fine, like the hood badges too.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
^^^^what those 2 guys just said...had my car wrapped and there was no need to remove the badges...
the ONLY things they removed were the tow hook covers on the front bumper...

·
Registered
646 Posts
^^^^what those 2 guys just said...had my car wrapped and there was no need to remove the badges...
the ONLY things they removed were the tow hook covers on the front bumper...
You wrap whole car, just to A-pillar, or something less?

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
You wrap whole car, just to A-pillar, or something less?
I did what my detail guy called his "Track Wrap"....what was done was the following
Entire front clip of the car(Hood, Bumper, Splitter, Fenders)
Side view mirrors, doors and lower fascias on doors
Rear quarters were done and wrapped around the wheel-wells....
roof was not done & trunk/rear bumper were not done.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I wrapped the whole thing. Don't remove the badges. I did remove the "Giulia" badge on the back (because it looks way more awesome IMHO). My guys dropped the chin spoiler and wrapped it.

+1 on the track wrap MDriver mentioned. I did my hood too, since the wrap protects from bird poo (and I wasn't sure how the painted CF hood would deal with that).

Get a ceramic OptiCoat on top of the clearbra. So choice.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
My detailer/PPF installer said he removed the badges.

I went with the track wrap as well (but they did some of the trunk area in addition to all the areas mentioned above) -- and it was coated with Crystal Serum Ultra and then again with Exo v3.

I had the wheels taken off and ceramic coated as well. Here's hoping to a lot less brake dust with the non-CB.

Steve

·
Registered
641 Posts
My detailer/PPF installer said he removed the badges.

I went with the track wrap as well (but they did some of the trunk area in addition to all the areas mentioned above) -- and it was coated with Crystal Serum Ultra and then again with Exo v3.

I had the wheels taken off and ceramic coated as well. Here's hoping to a lot less brake dust with the non-CB.

Steve
Interesting that they took the wheels off to ceramic coat them...not sure why that is necessary. My wheels were ceramic coated too; maybe they did take them off. Don't know.

On the brake dust point, I still get a lot of dust but very easy to rinse off with a non pressurized garden hose. At least to 90% clean anyway.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I wrapped the whole thing. Don't remove the badges. I did remove the "Giulia" badge on the back (because it looks way more awesome IMHO). My guys dropped the chin spoiler and wrapped it.

+1 on the track wrap MDriver mentioned. I did my hood too, since the wrap protects from bird poo (and I wasn't sure how the painted CF hood would deal with that).

Get a ceramic OptiCoat on top of the clearbra. So choice.
Hey I have a Vulcano QV on the way too and I think I also want to go with the carbon fiber V on the front (saw your post in another thread), do you have any recent pictures you can share? I'd like to see that a$$ without the Giulia badge too.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Badges do not need to come off. A wrap can be so good that photographers will zoom in on your hood badge to show the beautiful clean seam between, badge, paint and wrap around the rectangular Ferrari badge on the front hood/trunk. Seriously, I have seen that at least twice on my car at shows. Don't get lazy when waxing. Clean up the edges ;)

Reactions: Sal Scotto

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sal Scotto,

Removing the badges is an extra step that some installers like to add. Doing this makes the film nearly undetectable around emblems and gives it a nice clean finish. We do badge removal all the time on higher end cars like Ferraris and McLarens. Wrapping the splitter is absolutely a great idea as it can get beat up from rocks and stones while driving down the highway.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Sal Scotto,

Removing the badges is an extra step that some installers like to add. Doing this makes the film nearly undetectable around emblems and gives it a nice clean finish. We do badge removal all the time on higher end cars like Ferraris and McLarens. Wrapping the splitter is absolutely a great idea as it can get beat up from rocks and stones while driving down the highway.
I see you folks are an official vendor now. I had your products installed by Larry Kosilla at Ammo NYC. I had a rock pierced right thru the clear bra (XPEL ultimate). Have you folks ever seen that?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Does anyone know how the badges are affixed? Assuming they are taped on, but not sure...

·
Registered
200 Posts
My detailer removed and reinstalled badges when he did a full wrap (STEK DYNOShield) on my QV. They were glued not taped.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
My detailer said he PPF’d a bunch of QV’s and removed the badges on all of them, mine as well. You can’t tell my car’s front is wrapped and a super clean install. The badges have pins on the back so they aren’t just at the mercy of adhesive/glue if that's really the case:

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts