Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The owner's manual says that the heated seats and heated steering wheel will automatically turn on when the car is started with remote starter if the outside temperature is below a certain level. It doesn't specify exactly what that outside temperature is, but I'd think that the single digit temps in New England the past few days would certainly qualify. However, my heated seats and steering wheel don't start when I remotely start my car. Anyone else running into this?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
The owner's manual says that the heated seats and heated steering wheel will automatically turn on when the car is started with remote starter if the outside temperature is below a certain level. It doesn't specify exactly what that outside temperature is, but I'd think that the single digit temps in New England the past few days would certainly qualify. However, my heated seats and steering wheel don't start when I remotely start my car. Anyone else running into this?
Try leaving the items on when you turn off the car along with heat blasting. Remote start and see if they stay on (remember the last settings basically).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Same experience...Owner's manual states seat and steering wheel heat should self-activate under certain conditions, but after many tries I can confirm it does not. It has however resumed working when restarting the engine after parking for about 10 minutes.
During a recent visit to the dealer for an oil change and brake squeal correction we asked about this. They agreed seat / steering wheel heat should re-activate if left on, so they opened a Star Case with Alfa... still waiting for a response.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm so jealous....

Gutted that Alfa do not include remote start in the UK. Had it on my previews car (via an app through the internet however) and it was so nice to have the car perfect temp by the time i got to it.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Mine work really nicely, I wonder why so many do not feel the same way. They definitely work better the colder the outside temp is I have noticed
My steering wheel heats up wonderfully, but the seats barely heat up, even on high.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
My steering wheel heats up wonderfully, but the seats barely heat up, even on high.
As crazy as it sounds, I have Sport seats and you have Lusso seats. Perhaps there is a difference, (even if there shouldn't be)

·
Registered
256 Posts
As crazy as it sounds, I have Sport seats and you have Lusso seats. Perhaps there is a difference, (even if there shouldn't be)
Could be.... doesn’t really bother me as I don’t normally use the feature. But I do like the heated steering wheel. After about 5 minutes, I shut it off because it’s so warm.

Reactions: Max

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Could be.... doesn’t really bother me as I don’t normally use the feature. But I do like the heated steering wheel. After about 5 minutes, I shut it off because it’s so warm.
Me too, works much quicker than my old car. I love it

·
Registered
178 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
the heating of my steering wheel behavior is not very consistent. Sometimes it warms up really nice to the point that it's almost too hot, sometimes I can barely feel it. I have not been able to understand the cause of this discrepancy.

·
Supporting Vendor
691 Posts
the heating of my steering wheel behavior is not very consistent. Sometimes it warms up really nice to the point that it's almost too hot, sometimes I can barely feel it. I have not been able to understand the cause of this discrepancy.
Our Giulia QV doesn't have this issue (steering wheel is always HOT) but my wife's Stelvio is also very inconsistent. I too am wondering if this is software logic or a flaky heated wheel?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Neither my seats or wheel get hot but they do warm up, wheel way more so than seats. Also, these features NEVER work for me when using the remote start, I always need to hit these buttons when I jump in regardless how they are set when shutting the car off.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
My sport seats and wheel heat up fine, but they don't fire up on remote start, which is a big bummer.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Uh, how about because it doesn't actually get cold in Seattle??!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Uh, how about because it doesn't actually get cold in Seattle??!!
LOL I agree that it doesn't get as crazy cold as in other parts of the US, but that doesn't mean that the heated steering wheel should work randomly! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same experience...Owner's manual states seat and steering wheel heat should self-activate under certain conditions, but after many tries I can confirm it does not. It has however resumed working when restarting the engine after parking for about 10 minutes.
During a recent visit to the dealer for an oil change and brake squeal correction we asked about this. They agreed seat / steering wheel heat should re-activate if left on, so they opened a Star Case with Alfa... still waiting for a response.
Did you ever hear back on that case? Just wondering if it is something I can fix on mine... TIA

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,297 Posts
Did you ever hear back on that case? Just wondering if it is something I can fix on mine... TIA
Mince does not turn on if it was previously on, so I tihnk that behavior is normal. It will however turn on in the outside temperature is below 39°F.

Font Terrestrial plant Screenshot Number Document

Reactions: Heatherdawnr
1 - 20 of 20 Posts