Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Europe we don't have Remote Start. However it's not that difficult to activate it. So I do that quite often. In most cases it works perfectly. However sometimes it does not or the engine switches off after 2 seconds of running.
Because it's not a European thing there is very little knowledge about solving problems. WITECH shows some clues but is not that clear either.

Can anyone please share with me common issues which they experience with using Remote Start? And maybe eve solution?

·
Registered
216 Posts
There are many people having this issue on North American cars. There is no known solution, as far as I know. My dealership told me that "it's possible" replacing the module in the center console above the driver's head would help, but I haven't asked them to do that yet because there's no guarantee it will work. Even those with brand new 2020s are having this issue.

·
Registered
33 Posts
In Europe we don't have Remote Start. However it's not that difficult to activate it. So I do that quite often. In most cases it works perfectly. However sometimes it does not or the engine switches off after 2 seconds of running.
Because it's not a European thing there is very little knowledge about solving problems. WITECH shows some clues but is not that clear either.

Can anyone please share with me common issues which they experience with using Remote Start? And maybe eve solution?
If your getting 2 seconds on then off, with "Remote Start Disabled, Start Vehicle To Reset" on the dash it's the unfixable issue. It occurs on 2020 QV's and possibly 2021 model QV's. If your having this issue on all trims in Europe it just adds that there is a software issue when programming these cars.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
If your getting 2 seconds on then off, with "Remote Start Disabled, Start Vehicle To Reset" on the dash it's the unfixable issue. It occurs on 2020 QV's and possibly 2021 model QV's. If your having this issue on all trims in Europe it just adds that there is a software issue when programming these cars.
It's not new for 2020. My 2018 QV did it all the time.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The particular car is a 2019 Stelvio Q Most of the time it's OK. It seems like when it's below 5 C/41 F it runs for 1-2 seconds then off and indeed that exact message on the cluster. My own 2017 Giulia Q has never failed.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
107 Posts
There was an issue with prior years to 2020 which there is a fix for, unfortunately I don't know the details of it. That fix apparently does not fix the 2020 cars. Which sucks for us with them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If fuel is below 1/4 tank, this will happen automatically. So check fuel level.
Thanks. That is a known fact to me. Indeed the reaction is the same. 1-2 sec running and then off she goes :(
On this particular car the tank was 1/2 and nearly full when it happened.

·
Registered
33 Posts
There was an issue with prior years to 2020 which there is a fix for, unfortunately I don't know the details of it. That fix apparently does not fix the 2020 cars. Which sucks for us with them.
A STAR Case / TSB showed for 2017MY that a proxy relearn fixed it. It hasn't worked for 2020 models. This is news to me from some other users that 19 and 18's also were affected. Once again there's something software related going on. My vehicle has had the BCM replaced, Proxy Relearn, another relearn procedure, RFM module, hood switches/latches and nada.

Also no hate, but if I hear "fuel level" one more time lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A STAR Case / TSB showed for 2017MY that a proxy relearn fixed it. It hasn't worked for 2020 models. This is news to me from some other users that 19 and 18's also were affected. Once again there's something software related going on. My vehicle has had the BCM replaced, Proxy Relearn, another relearn procedure, RFM module, hood switches/latches and nada.

Do you perhaps know which TSB is involved?

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
107 Posts

Agree, mine doesn't work at any fuel level. I briefly had a theory that the pitch of my driveway did it because my old house the driveway was very steep and the car has a level sensor that will automatically set the parking brake if you park on a pitch even if you have auto parking brake off. But the next unseasonably cold day rendered that moot as I had the car as flat as possible from the night before and it wouldn't start.

My car has only had the proxy relearn done, it didn't work obviously. After discussing with my service dept and the info I gathered I determined leaving the car to sit at the dealer is a waste of time and money until Alfa figures it out. I confirmed this decision with Alfa Cares as well who agreed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts