Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I have a 2019 Giulia Quadrifoglio which is just the most amazing car. I’ve had it since last July and it has 3400 miles on it.

Ive noticed a few times lately when I remote start the car it starts and revs up and down a few times and then just shuts off. So I get in and start it normally and there are no warning lights or anything. The car has had well over half a tank of gas each time and no one trying to get into it. The only thing maybe slightly off is it really sounds like a tractor for a little while when its cold.

Has anyone else had this issue or maybe know why it’s happening?

·
Vendor
1,128 Posts
Hi guys, I have a 2019 Giulia Quadrifoglio which is just the most amazing car. I’ve had it since last July and it has 3400 miles on it.

Ive noticed a few times lately when I remote start the car it starts and revs up and down a few times and then just shuts off. So I get in and start it normally and there are no warning lights or anything. The car has had well over half a tank of gas each time and no one trying to get into it. The only thing maybe slightly off is it really sounds like a tractor for a little while when its cold.

Has anyone else had this issue or maybe know why it’s happening?
Hello ColesQV,
We are sorry to hear about your recent troubles. If you feel your remote start is not working as designed, I would kindly suggest touching base with your servicing dealer as they will have the most appropriate tools to assist you further. If you decide to go this route, we are available to provide additional assistance if needed.
Laura
AlfaRomeoCares

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I have tons of ideas, but taking it to the dealer and having them examine and diagnose it personally and not over the internet is more effective

Have them make sure the Radio Frequency Hub Module has most recent software. They might need to restore vehicle configuration in BCM or perform proxi alignment too, or even update BCM I should add. There are tons of things possible

I've attached an excerpt from service info on diagnosis of inoperative remote start

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have just figured since there are no warning lights on that the dealer would say there is nothing they can do. I generally have to tell them what’s wrong and how to fix it to get anything done. I guess I was just hoping to see if it is just maybe a quirk of the Giulia or if there might be something wrong.

Thank you for posting the diagnostic info, the car is definitely putting on the horn and lights every time, it just sometimes shuts off after 30 seconds to a minute of being on.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
That is not true, there are often DTCs stored for various modules that are never visible to the driver. They should hook up wiTECH and scan for DTCs, super easy. You could do it yourself with the common MultiECUScan that is referenced on this forum

·
Vendor
1,128 Posts
I have this identical issue. Subscribing for a fix.
As mentioned to your fellow forum member, should you have the opportunity to visit your dealer, please do not hesitate to send us a private message. We'd be happy to offer additional assistance .
Alex
Alfa Romeo Cares

1 - 8 of 8 Posts