Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

61 - 80 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
You get shit in service. Infiniti blows Alfa away. So dissatisfied. I had a appointment to get mirrors looked at and the oil level in half in 3k and I couldn’t get a rental. I rescheduled and got sick. I don’t know what know. I left messages at Alfa of Anaheim hills nothing back.
Wow, sucks for you. The dealer that sold me my QV was pitiful on the service side, so much so that I went to my local Ferrari/Alfa/Maserati dealer and they have been stellar, with the few software updates & oil changes I have needed.
The discrepancy between dealers is huge at times. But also the distance for many forum members here.
If I didn't have multiple dealer options in my area (not counting my selling dealer) I probably wouldn't have bought the car...but that really applies to any brand of car. the only difference is there are at least 10 BMW/MERC/AUDI dealers within 45 minutes of me, so if you experience bad service at one you have options

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Premium(ish) brand needs premium representation and service. Or do not call it premium(ish) and price it as such.
This is so far from that. Hyundai and Ford service centers are better than this in my experience.

I have still heard nothing from the service center or Alfa Cares. This will be the reason I move on to another brand. I knew it was risky and was warned by friends to be careful moving to Alfa for this exact reason. It is a shame because I love the car but not worth the service headaches, especially as a car gets older and you may need that service a little more.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Modern cars don't really need much except gas, air in the tires and change the oil every 10 K miles. All this dealer bashing is probably a little overblown. We have a 2018 Stelvio and 2019 Giulia Ti. They have both had regular scheduled oil changes, as well as a few recalls, all done efficiently and without delay at the Alfa Maserati dealer in Santa Monica CA. I'm sure a tiny number of owners have had more significant issues and an even smaller subset of those has had a horrible experience. Take it up with Afa Cares or else find a rapacious lawyer and sue the dealer and FCA. That will get their attention

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
This is so far from that. Hyundai and Ford service centers are better than this in my experience.

I have still heard nothing from the service center or Alfa Cares. This will be the reason I move on to another brand. I knew it was risky and was warned by friends to be careful moving to Alfa for this exact reason. It is a shame because I love the car but not worth the service headaches, especially as a car gets older and you may need that service a little more.
unfortunately for you and for Alfa you had such a seriously bad experience. it has soured you on the brand, and you will be moving on to another brand directly because of this. Alfa needs to learn from this and really put significantly more effort in their dealer network.
that said, this was your experience, and while it seems that others have had similar experiences, judging by the sample size that are vocal on this forum, it has not been everyones.
as one of the 1st owners of a QV in the US back in Dec. of 2016, I had an issue that was in appearance much worse than yours as it basically rendered the car undriveable. The selling dealer was not able to service the car due to complete incompetence. I was in the process of having a buy-back done when it was suggested to me to bring the car to my current servicing dealer (Miller Motors). Alfa agreed, had the car flat-bedded to the dealership and left me a loaner. The car was fixed in 48 hours, and has been bulletproof since. That includes multiple long road trips to Boston & Newport, multiple track days at LRP, MMC & NJMP, in addition to everyday driving. I have had issues related strictly to software updates which were attended too quickly & resolved the same.
I really feel bad for you, since what seems to be your only convenient option for service is incapable.
Best of Luck with whatever brand you end up going with.
M

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
Did/does Alfa ever claim to be a "premium" or "luxury" brand? I think high performance was the only claim and it is the magazines that lumped Alfa together with other brands that emphasize luxury over performance.

·
Registered
783 Posts
The price alone makes it non-pedestrian. A perfectly capable or more point-A to point-B car of similar size and similar or better electronic-features will cost about 50-60%. So considering premium is a vast territory that runs from entry-lux to ultra-lux, sure yeah, in my opinion.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Westbury is the worst! They had my QV for a month and would not pick up my phone calls. Alfa care did absolutely nothing. Was in a broke down Stelvio that needed an oil change the whole time and was throwing all the lights. I got my car back. I had other concerns about my car and they weren’t even looked at. I had to wait 30 minutes in the cold for someone to get my car... I really hate them and would advise people to stay away from that dealership. They suck. The receptionist, service advisors, mechanics and everyone else. Alfa care advised me to go to Gold Coast, which is over an hour away from me.. lol .. nobody wants to give you a loaner and they want to have your car for months. Alfa cares has no power over these dealers, making them useless. They won’t compensate you in any way. I’m dropping my car off to Gold Coast tomorrow... lets see how it goes. Browns Alfa was good in the past but now they are trash. They took 3 weeks to call me back. I just don’t understand how these dealers just don’t give a shit. I payed a lot of money for my car and I get treated like absolute shit by them. I hope they go out of business... I’m selling my QV in a couple month just cause of the service... I made a mistake going with this brand. Love the car but I can’t put up with these piss poor dealers. But good luck to you... if it makes you feel better, you’re obviously not alone on this matter .. cheers

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
The price alone makes it non-pedestrian. A perfectly capable or more point-A to point-B car of similar size and similar or better electronic-features will cost about 50-60%. So considering premium is a vast territory that runs from entry-lux to ultra-lux, sure yeah, in my opinion.
Really? What 4 door sedan handles and performs like an Alfa Giulia Type 952 for less money?

·
Registered
244 Posts
The real world price of Giulas, what people actually pay, puts them in the same league as Camrys and Accords. Hardly luxury vehicles. Toyota and Honda of course do a great job in customer service because they have solid consistently good cars, and maybe Alfa should aspire to that level of reliability.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Really? What 4 door sedan handles and performs like an Alfa Giulia Type 952 for less money?
Civic Type R.
306hp vs 280hp
3200lbs vs 3500lbs
manual vs auto
99' vs 123' (60-0)
0.99 vs 0.84 (lateral)
24.7 vs 26.8 (MT figure 8)
$34,775 vs. $38,990 (Base price)

Sources:

The Giulia is a great car, but it's not the pinnacle of performance.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Civic Type R.
306hp vs 280hp
3200lbs vs 3500lbs
manual vs auto
99' vs 123' (60-0)
0.99 vs 0.84 (lateral)
24.7 vs 26.8 (MT figure 8)
$34,775 vs. $38,990 (Base price)

Sources:

The Giulia is a great car, but it's not the pinnacle of performance.
It’s still slower than a Giulia.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Did/does Alfa ever claim to be a "premium" or "luxury" brand? I think high performance was the only claim and it is the magazines that lumped Alfa together with other brands that emphasize luxury over performance.
European sedans automatically get branded as luxury by the press. Not sure why. These cars are sports sedans, (and very good ones), nothing luxurious about them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Obviously just my opinion, but my eyes hurt when I look at a Civic Type R. Haha. They are probably fun cars to drive though. I guy that works next to me has one. Just too cheesy for me.
Terrible looking. How do you even compare the two. That being said I am sure Honda's service is far better than what I am getting.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Obviously just my opinion, but my eyes hurt when I look at a Civic Type R. Haha. They are probably fun cars to drive though. I guy that works next to me has one. Just too cheesy for me.
Front wheel drive is an abomination, even worse than CVC transmissions :eek:

·
Registered
783 Posts
I think you are either mis-reading, mis-understanding, or mis-quoting me.
I wrote, "A perfectly capable or more point-A to point-B car of similar size and similar or better electronic-features ..."
I believe, strongly, and accurately, that I did not claim similar performance. However, I did say, perfectly capable. A perfectly capable does not mean above average handling, as our lovely ARG has. In fact, in my opinion, the term, "perfectly capable", would imply dead in the middle of the modern pack (+/- tolerance), but completely and utterly capable of doing the basic functions outlined (in this case point-A-to-point-B transit as I wrote).
Alternately, if you think you are right and I'm wrong, I'm going to claim, English is not my first language, even though it may very well be. ;)

·
Registered
783 Posts
Almost agree. Except a Civic/Corolla is probably the appropriate size cousin of the ARG, so your comparison is off by say $10K in my opinion.

The real world price of Giulas, what people actually pay, puts them in the same league as Camrys and Accords. Hardly luxury vehicles. Toyota and Honda of course do a great job in customer service because they have solid consistently good cars, and maybe Alfa should aspire to that level of reliability.

·
Registered
414 Posts
It’s still slower than a Giulia.
0-60 and 1/4mi only.
It's faster literally everywhere else, assuming we're talking about the 2.0L powered Giulias, and not the $40K more expensive QV.

No one said "pretty to look at", it was "name a better handling/performing car than a Giulia, for less money..." CTR does it.
Giulia is universally regarded as a gorgeous car.
The CTR is not.

Front wheel drive is an abomination, even worse than CVC transmissions :eek:
Is it still an abomination when it's faster on track? What about the Megane that posts a 1s slower lap than the QV, despite having only 300hp.
Not offering a manual for a sports sedan is a true abomination. Not allowing you to turn off traction control / stability in a sports sedan is also an abomination.
You not knowing how to drive a FWD car fast, is not an abomination.

Loving the narrow-mindedness.
Alfa and Italian car enthusiast for 50 years
Ah, it makes sense now. Blind fanaticism is scary stuff.

·
Registered
244 Posts
0-60 and 1/4mi only.
It's faster literally everywhere else, assuming we're talking about the 2.0L powered Giulias, and not the $40K more expensive QV.

No one said "pretty to look at", it was "name a better handling/performing car than a Giulia, for less money..." CTR does it.
Giulia is universally regarded as a gorgeous car.
The CTR is not.

Is it still an abomination when it's faster on track? What about the Megane that posts a 1s slower lap than the QV, despite having only 300hp.
Not offering a manual for a sports sedan is a true abomination. Not allowing you to turn off traction control / stability in a sports sedan is also an abomination.
You not knowing how to drive a FWD car fast, is not an abomination.

Loving the narrow-mindedness.

Ah, it makes sense now. Blind fanaticism is scary stuff.
Maybe you can find a store where they sell a sense of humor

61 - 80 of 146 Posts