Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!
I’ve been wanting to get the red engine start button done since I bought my Giulia in December but I hadn’t found a dealership willing to do it until today!

I was quoted $189 for the hour of labor to get it installed plus the cost of the button ($70 online).
Has anyone done this mod?
Worth it?
Or would you spend the $250 on some carbon fiber additions from Madness autoworks to the interior?

Thank you

A pic of my interior

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hey guys!
I’ve been wanting to get the red engine start button done since I bought my Giulia in December but I hadn’t found a dealership willing to do it until today!

I was quoted $189 for the hour of labor to get it installed plus the cost of the button ($70 online).
Has anyone done this mod?
Worth it?
Or would you spend the $250 on some carbon fiber additions from Madness autoworks to the interior?

Thank you

A pic of my interior
I added it and am very pleased with it, gives it a totally different look. The price of the button is close to what I paid, check out Madness Autoworks to see what their price is, that is where I got mine. I have the same interior color setup. The install cost for an hour install seems a bit high to me. My dealer did if for $100 even.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well, If you've been really wanting that button are you going to regret not getting it done?
Is the CF stuff just tape on top or direct replacement? If it's the former, the button would get my vote.

my $.02, YMMV

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I added it and am very pleased with it, gives it a totally different look. The price of the button is close to what I paid, check out Madness Autoworks to see what their price is, that is where I got mine. I have the same interior color setup. The install cost for an hour install seems a bit high to me. My dealer did if for $100 even.
Great! Do you have any pics?
Yea unfortunately dealerships down here in south Florida aren't the best. The first dealership said it would take 3 hours and wanted $400... -_-

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, If you've been really wanting that button are you going to regret not getting it done?
Is the CF stuff just tape on top or direct replacement? If it's the former, the button would get my vote.

my $.02, YMMV
There are a good amount of things that I really want lol.. the carbon fiber is the one sold by Madness auto works which goes over the stock pieces!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yea unfortunately dealerships down here in south Florida aren't the best. The first dealership said it would take 3 hours and wanted $400... -_-
Give me a few minutes and I will take a pic and post it.

·
Registered
333 Posts

Also, after shutting everything down and getting out of the vehicle, the red start button will stay lite for a few.

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also, after shutting everything down and getting out of the vehicle, the red start button will stay lite for a few.

Very nice! I think I'm going to order it now!

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Well when I bought my Giulia I didn't know you could buy the red button until AFTER we bought. Unfortunately, that red button cost a lot more than that. It cost us the price of a QV. The red button was on the list of must haves :eek:) I wanted a Black Ti Sport with the Red Button. Now I could have had it instead. Don't get me wrong. I will live and survive with the QV :eek:)

·
Registered
443 Posts
Well when I bought my Giulia I didn't know you could buy the red button until AFTER we bought. Unfortunately, that red button cost a lot more than that. It cost us the price of a QV. The red button was on the list of must haves :eek:) I wanted a Black Ti Sport with the Red Button. Now I could have had it instead. Don't get me wrong. I will live and survive with the QV :eek:)
Such a burden you have my friend ;)

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
It is a burden to hold such power in my hands. I lose sleep over it. I fear every time I get in the QV what type of person I am going to become? It is SCARY. Ask my husband :eek:)

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I'm starting to think he likes it!
Of course. I get the ticket and he enjoys the ride. The haul me away...win win:smile2: Actually he really loves the car and he is pretty happy that I enjoy it also. I detail it just like i do with my MINI so he doesn’t have to lift a finger. I won’t do that if I don’t love the car. I boot it to the outside.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Of course. I get the ticket and he enjoys the ride. The haul me away...win win:smile2: Actually he really loves the car and he is pretty happy that I enjoy it also. I detail it just like i do with my MINI so he doesn’t have to lift a finger. I won’t do that if I don’t love the car. I boot it to the outside.
Off topic but what mini do you have?

·
Registered
859 Posts
Isn't the change to the red button a fairly do-able DIY project? Do we really need it done at the stealership in case the air bags go off or I break something? I thought I saw a video somewhere on how to do this.

Reactions: Bender

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Off topic but what mini do you have?
Great story on that one. I fell in love with the ice blue MINI with Toffee lounge leather and 17 inch wheels Mayfair edition. But...not an S. I told my husband I wanted to order the S just like it which was tricky because i couldnt get the edition again. I had reservations and he said just get it because it has everything else you want HK, Panoroof yadda. I said I want the S. He said oh, you will be fine so did the salesman. As soon as we signed the paperwork guess what my husband said as we were walking out....I THINK THE ONLY THING YOU WILL REGRET IS NOT GETTING AN S!. ARE YOU KIDDING ME. So now he is paying for it big time. He drives the MINI to the office since it is easier to park then his big diesel F350 >:) So guess who is laughing now:laugh: Me likes my new car. I have to say though. I still love the MINI coopers. Sort of sorry that they got popular enough to see to many but they look like a blast on the track if you have JCW tuning. Big guys in these itty bitty cars with crash helmets on is pretty funny.

Here are two of the stablemates.

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I looked into that option but then I found out you won’t be able to see the light come through the letters at night since it’s just a cover. Do you have pics of it installed?

I did this on my QV and love it, real carbon fiber and no labor costs.

Dave

1 - 20 of 41 Posts