Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,I have a 2019 Alfa Romeo TI sport. I purchased the car 2 weeks ago and I’m noticing that every time my clothes is sweaty or wet red paint stains them like the paint coming off, has this happen to anyone?

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
I'm willing to bet the dealer that sold you the car put touch up paint on the seats to cover up wear and tear from the previous owner.
I’m assuming the same. Red interior in my 19 Stelvio—no red stains on clothing in 2 years of ownership.

Reactions: MDriver

·
Registered
465 Posts
Can you see any change in the colour or texture of the seats themselves?

I'm inclined to agree with the other opinions here. I have red leather on mine and there's never been any transfer of colour onto my clothes/skin.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Probably spruced up worn areas of the seats with red shoe polish. I touched up black seats seats with black shoe polish once. Looked great, but the dye transfers easily. Buff it well with a rag. The transfer will stop eventually. Sweaty clothes don't help.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hi everyone,I have a 2019 Alfa Romeo TI sport. I purchased the car 2 weeks ago and I’m noticing that every time my clothes is sweaty or wet red paint stains them like the paint coming off, has this happen to anyone?
Yep! I had a 2018 with a red interior and it came off. There was a white
material that got exposed. When I mentioned it to the dealer cus my car was still under warranty they took pictures, sent to Alfa Corp but never got a response. I tried with three different people even getting the service manager involved and nothing was ever done. In the end i got a red sharpie and just colored the white spot on it. It was a close enough match that even after I sold the car to carvana no one even knew it was there. If you can’t spot it then it’s all good… lol

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Q2 (Alfa White)
114 Posts
I pick up my daughter from soccer practice and she's sweaty and never had any red on her. I agree with the poster who said the dealer did touchup..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts